Hey guys,
    I got a Storm for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I hadn't had too many problems (any problems prior to this were due to my unfamiliarity with the device), until last night. For some reason my screen went completely white with a winding clock in the center of the screen.

The device wouldn't respond to any button-presses. It wouldn't even turn off. I eventually took the battery out and waited for about a minute, then put the battery back in. The same screen came up immediately.

Instead of messing with it anymore, I decided to just keep it in my pocket and hope time would solve my problem. A few minutes later the phone was back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what this was? Any information is greatly appreciated.
    12-27-08 10:47 AM
    This is the reboot screen. After a battery pull, this screen is normal. Give it a few minutes to boot.
    12-27-08 10:52 AM
    Your phone rebooted. The reboot process on the Storm is long.
    12-27-08 10:52 AM
    Oh, and if it occurs without pulling the battery, your phone just rebooted for some reason, most likely due to an error of some sort. It's nothing to get excited about unless it starts happening often.

What were you doing when it appeared the first time, before you pulled the battery? Sometimes the phone needs to reboot after installing something.
    12-27-08 10:53 AM
    Edit: Seattle Grace answered this question for me.

I was just sitting on my couch, enjoying a beer before going out to the bar. I hadn't installed anything recently. I did try to upload something to Flickr a little while before then (unsuccessfully due to the horrid service at my house).
    Last edited by tmac9wr; 12-27-08 at 10:57 AM.
    12-27-08 10:54 AM
    Just happened to me, only on the Landscape Lock screen. I just pulled it out of my pocket and noticed it, let it run for a minute or two, but when I noticed the time in the corner wasn't changing I pulled the battery.
    12-27-08 10:56 AM
    This happened to me once for no apparent reason but no big deal. It recovers in about 5 minutes or so.
    12-27-08 11:01 AM
    Edit: Seattle Grace answered this question for me.

I was just sitting on my couch, enjoying a beer before going out to the bar. I hadn't installed anything recently. I did try to upload something to Flickr a little while before then (unsuccessfully due to the horrid service at my house).
    Well then it was probably just some little error.
    Like I said, if it starts doing it all the time you have something to worry about. But for now, you're good
    12-27-08 11:06 AM
    2 Days ago, I was on the train, and I noticed the Red LED came on steady, then the phone went to the WSOD w the clock in the middle. It lasted for about 5 minutes, then booted up, said "Media card inserted" and continued like normal. I had just installed the beta version of the bloomberg app, so I removed that.
    Yesterday, it rebooted once.
    Today, it's rebooted twice already.

Is the phone junk? Should I take it back, or is this something that is resolved with an OS upgrade? I've owned the Storm for about 10 days and I'm still running .75.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -RJ
    02-13-09 12:12 PM
    Just rebooted for a 3rd time today.

Just did a battery pull.

Any ideas?
    02-13-09 01:27 PM
    ive had to reboot mine over and over and now its not restarting. ive done a battery pull several times but it shows a black screen with the clock and then shows a blank white screen and hasn't gone back to normal for awhile plus the red light up top spazzes here and there i think its just rebooting itself over and over help?
    10-18-09 10:57 PM
    ive had to reboot mine over and over and now its not restarting. ive done a battery pull several times but it shows a black screen with the clock and then shows a blank white screen and hasn't gone back to normal for awhile plus the red light up top spazzes here and there i think its just rebooting itself over and over help?

did you get it to work? I've been waiting for hours and it hasn't changed... the blank screen with the clock is still there...
    08-20-10 05:46 PM
    sir my BB Storm 9530/9500 white screen and when i press every side of the cp it will go blue sometimes. how can i repair it.. HELP PLS.
    05-17-15 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD