I have a friend that sends TXT messages using smiley faces and colors and all that fun stuff, but when I receive them on my storm, they are just plain jane txt messages. Is this normal for blackberries, or is it a setting I need to change? I miss the fun stuff in the texts.

Thanks
    01-14-09 11:01 AM
    I don't believe that you can see smileys in sms only in the messenger app
    01-14-09 11:11 AM
    what's he sending them from? did you use to be on a diff carrier, att/sprint/etc? I used to be able to send smileys & stuff btwn other vzw ppl (tho no fancy colors or anything), but if i sent to outside vzw it told me it'd strip it
    01-14-09 11:12 AM
    some random phone specific emoticons don't work from phone to phone, and especially on the bberry. unfortunatly, it's just whether or not the emoticon was installed into the phone or not - i had this issue even with sending from normal phone to normal phone all on verizon.
    01-14-09 11:29 AM
    It's EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service). VZW's 'dumb' phones have the ability to send emoticons, colors, and combine up to 6 or 7 sms's into one. It only works with other dumb phones...smart phone OS's do not support this feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:39 AM
    girls love smiley faces when you flirt with them

say something a little bit over the line and follow it with a
    01-14-09 11:40 AM
    So are you telling me there are no applications I can add to my BB that will allow me to send emoticons. My BB can take pics, videos, write emails, and review spreadsheets, but i cannot send my gf a simple happy face.
    01-22-09 04:09 PM
    girls love smiley faces when you flirt with them

say something a little bit over the line and follow it with a
    As a female I can tell you with certainty that smiley faces have no effect. lol. If anything it makes you look sleezy unless the female in question is already interested.
    01-22-09 04:12 PM
    As a female I can tell you with certainty that smiley faces have no effect. lol. If anything it makes you look sleezy unless the female in question is already interested.
    as a male i can tell you with certainty that the females are already interested.
    01-22-09 04:20 PM
    as a male i can tell you with certainty that the females are already interested.
    So goes the ego.
    01-22-09 04:49 PM
    I totally agree. And I find that the older the man, the more turned off I am when he uses emotiocons. I think that people like to use them because it's hard to read the "tone" of a message. Instead of using emotiocons, I would rather see a "just kidding" note written within the message. Just kidding.
    01-22-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD