Hi everyone,

I attended an official T-Mobile launch of the Bold a couple of evenings ago. Our T-Mobile account manager got one of the RIM reps over to demo the Bold and they showed off the video capabilities. It was impressive but once he'd left I confessed I had the Storm in my pocket LOL Obviously , with the much bigger screen the video's were just that bit more impressive.

Anyway, my question is this - where do they get the hi-res videos that are already preinstalled on the Blackberrys? For example, the UK Storm comes with the Babylon trailer on, the Bold had American Gangster on there and another one I can't remember right now.

These must be hi-res videos as they kinda make DVD rips look fuzzy when they're copied to the Blackberry. Another RIM rep mentioned a site but I was a bit giddy on the free drinks so I can't remember it
    11-28-08 03:47 PM
    ummm, the UK came with speed racer, and US came with babylon AD , just use divix it will come out crystal clear.
    11-28-08 03:53 PM
    I cant seem to figure out how to convert either... ive been using a free program that was recommended on another thread here called "SUPER" but for some reason either my settings are incorrect or something because i cant get it to work to save my life...
    11-28-08 03:56 PM
    Check out the thread on using handbrake its also free and my movies look as good as the babylon trailer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 04:02 PM
    if movies are in mp4 format already and still look bad on the storm is there something special i have to do to get them to look better on the storm???? I tried doing a full lengh movie with handbrake but it wouldn't work
    11-28-08 04:20 PM
    Download .avi files and transfer them straight to your Storm. They play perfectly without encoding or conversion. I have 5 full length films on my Storm that were downloaded in .avi format and transferred straight to my Storm without ANY encoding, etc. Hope this helps.
    11-28-08 04:23 PM
    any idea where i can find .avi movies?
    11-28-08 04:25 PM
    I tried using Handbrake and F'd it up royally! I may try again later.
    11-28-08 04:32 PM
    i've converted avi, mpeg, wmv to H264 Movie(.MP4)with Cucusoft converter that i got when i had a Zune and they come out sharp and the audio is super.
    i am trying to post a jpeg of a screen shot with all the H264 parameters but i don't know how to get it to here. anyone know how to do that?
    11-28-08 04:34 PM
    any idea where i can find .avi movies?
    Pretty much anywhere you may download your illegal music. I download mine from btjunkie - the largest bittorrent search engine. You have to visit BitTorrent first to download the program and then you're all set. When you search for a movie or video just type avi in the search field as well as your movie/video title. Hope this helps.
    11-28-08 04:34 PM
    ummm, the UK came with speed racer, and US came with babylon AD , just use divix it will come out crystal clear.
    Er, not sure if you're talking about the Storm here or the Bold but, as I've said in my original post , my Storm and the wife's both came with the Babylon AD trailer on and that was it.
    11-28-08 04:57 PM
    I've copied some AVI files across ( I have a rip of 300 in avi format ) and it judders. Same with an avi copy of Transformers.

How come everyone's using an external program to convert? When I go to copy a video across using desktop manager 4.7 I'm prompted to copy or convert then copy.

Going back to my original post, is there anywhere you can download some of the trailers that are officially supplied by Blackberry / RIM?

The T-Mobile folks were really pleased with their Bold til I showed them my Storm the other night
    11-28-08 05:14 PM
    here are the parameters that Cucusoft uses to convert files to H264 that work great for me on the Storm
    11-28-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD