I have a storm. Actually this is my second one (they replaced my first piece of crap) ...I have had nothing but problems with it. It is slow to flip, sticks at times, I have to pull the battery out to get it to recover it, doesnt turn on the network automatically after being powered off. Type is very small and you have to be exact on what you highlight and click.

I got a hold of a genius at Verizon who told me it is a software problem and that I have to wait until Blackberry updates it. She "thinks" that might fix my problems. Suggests I pull the battery out everyday. Of course they wont replace it again or let me move to another Blackberry...so they are no help what so ever.

The phone itself is cool....if it frikin worked!!!
    03-26-09 12:31 PM
    Then don't use it or upgrade os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 12:34 PM
    Of course they wont replace it again or let me move to another Blackberry...so they are no help what so ever.

Yes they will. Are you within the first 30 days? There are people in here that are on thier 3rd and 4th Storms. I would request to speak with her manager.
    03-26-09 12:34 PM
    There are operating system updates out and readily available on these forums if you are frustrated (I'm assuming you are running .75). Many here are running .113/.114 by now.

These aren't official updates, so you install at your own risk, but it sounds like it may be worth it to you. These will greatly improve things, but just about every OS leak has some bugs - so go to the subforum above and read the findings before you update.

Also, you can change the font in the options section.
    03-26-09 12:37 PM
    what OS are you running. you should def consider upgrading to the leaked OS .113.This may solve your problem. If that doesn't work, it seems like you may have a lemon and OS upgrades wont help.

also, i'm just crious, is our Storm made in Mexico or Canada (labe behind battery). I have come to the conclusion that the Canada made phones are MUCH better. My first strom was made in Mexic and it was a nightmare. My replacement was a Canada one and i have had absolutley NO problems. The only reason i keep upgrading to new OS's is because i'm curious, not because i need it. I don't, i guess i'm waiting for the magical OS to come out or something.
    03-26-09 12:38 PM
    Call customer service again, you'll get a hold of someone that will help you. If you want to get another storm. Just like bearkat said, there are people here that have gone through several storms. Also, if you think the phone isn't all the great they will let you go with another phone.
    03-26-09 12:38 PM
    Call again as other have stated...and keep calling until u get a replacement or a completely different phone.
    03-26-09 12:40 PM
    Yes they will. Are you within the first 30 days? There are people in here that are on thier 3rd and 4th Storms. I would request to speak with her manager.
    My first one broke after about 3 weeks. I took it in and the mean Lady at Verizon said YOU KNOW YOU ONLY GET ONE EXCHANGE!!! I said yea and you know I need to have a phone that works too! So she goes in the back room takes out a brand new phone and I swear to God the screen comes flying off and hits the ground. Now she goes back gets another one and sends me on my way. Well now this one wont stay on with the battery. Every time the screen went to hibernate mode the phone needed a complete reboot to get it to come on again. So this time I went to a different store the tech person looked at the phone and said it was a brick and they would replace it no problem. Now so far I have a good one. The bottom line is they have to replace as many times as it takes to make you happy in that 30 days or you still can ask for a refund.
    03-26-09 12:44 PM
    I am on my second storm due to constant freezing on my first unit. I agree with some others, try to get it swapped out.

I called up technical support first, they ran me through some trouble shooting and then called me back 48 hours later. Nothing had changed and they told me to go into my nearest VZW store and switch it out. Went in, and got a brand new phone. This may work for you, give it a shot.

Now, as far as upgrading to a new OS. I haven't and probably won't for two reasons. 1) .75 isn't too bad and 2) the onus should be on Verizon NOT ME to be aware of and resolve software/firmware issues

As far as the accelerometer, yeah it's all over the place. Mine can be vertical and it just stays landscaped until i turn it landscape and back to vertical. It was the same thing on my first handset. This is a software issue and will hopefully addressed in the next MR.

As far as sluggishness/locking up (like what i had) are you running third party apps? If so, make sure when you close out of them (and any program for that matter) to click the BB button and then scroll to close. If you just hit the red "end" button it will keep the program running in the background.

Best of luck.
    03-26-09 12:46 PM
    Dude honestly im on BB Storm #7 and i got my last one 9 weeks after i upgraded to it... if you let them know whos boss, they will get a new one out to you. Voadafone are idiots tho coz when they were meant to swap my Storm #5 for the new Storm #6 i wasnt there some1 at MY house was and they forgot to take the old one away... then they sent another one to a different address (which i had told them to send it to in the first place) that same day, again didnt take the old one away.... its a little hard to explain but at the end of it im sat here with 2 brand new storms and a faulty one (i might just go through the insurance on that one) so that will make 3 new ones. Good things will come from persistance man lol
    03-26-09 01:11 PM
    I have a storm. Actually this is my second one (they replaced my first piece of crap) ...I have had nothing but problems with it. It is slow to flip, sticks at times, I have to pull the battery out to get it to recover it, doesnt turn on the network automatically after being powered off. Type is very small and you have to be exact on what you highlight and click.

I got a hold of a genius at Verizon who told me it is a software problem and that I have to wait until Blackberry updates it. She "thinks" that might fix my problems. Suggests I pull the battery out everyday. Of course they wont replace it again or let me move to another Blackberry...so they are no help what so ever.

Try and make them exchange it I have .75 and have none of the issues that u are having.
    03-26-09 10:12 PM
    I'm on my fourth Storm. VZW will replace them based on manufacturer warranty for a year.
    03-28-09 11:03 AM
    Just keep calling Verizon with the same problem. After the 3rd time with the same problem you can get a different BlackBerry. I had a pearl and the did the same crap with the Os. I called and called and after the 3rd one I told them I wanted the curve and I got it for 30 bucks, which was the difference in the 2 phones. It has to be the same problem everytime though. Mine was memory leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 02:40 AM
    what OS are you running. you should def consider upgrading to the leaked OS .113.This may solve your problem. If that doesn't work, it seems like you may have a lemon and OS upgrades wont help.
    Iv got the 9500 and i had all these problems on the storm. When i was on .75 Then i took the leap to .113 and love it.

Give it ago. Whats the worst can happen. You hate it more ? lol
    03-30-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD