Blackberry trade up program has a special promo for $50 extra dollars going on right now. With the constant unofficial delays I feel like the expiration day of November 30th will pass before I get the storm. Can anyone explain to me is Nov 30th the day I apply for the program to get the extra $50 or is the last day I can apply for the promo and send out the phone little later?? thanks for the help... I just wanna get rid of my 2 1/2 year old Palm treo 700p so I can upgrade to the storm
    11-09-08 12:12 PM
    Yep... sign up for the promo now. Print out your shipping label. Hang on to it until you get your Storm receipt.

I have mine printed and ready to go
    11-09-08 12:16 PM
    The program works GREAT. I sent in two phones, both of which based on their questions i said they were both broken. They review each phone and then sent me an email that said it was not broken and they paid me 10 bucks for it. Got both checks this weekend----took several weeks.
    11-09-08 12:28 PM
    The program works GREAT. I sent in two phones, both of which based on their questions i said they were both broken. They review each phone and then sent me an email that said it was not broken and they paid me 10 bucks for it. Got both checks this weekend----took several weeks.
    My treo isn't broken just is scratched up ..missing few rubber pieces covering the screws..isn't that considered as broken??
    11-09-08 12:52 PM
    My treo isn't broken just is scratched up ..missing few rubber pieces covering the screws..isn't that considered as broken??
    they ask is anything cracked, broken or missing, if you answer yes---there is no way to explain or differentiate. answering yes will effect the price they give you for the phone. They do check it though once they get it and will make necessary adjustments. I checked yes because the screen was cracked initially they said no money. When they checked it they said 10 addtional dollars.

It worked out GREAT for us:

I paid $50 for my Curve and got back 60.00 (I had NE2 $50 credit from Verizon).
    Hubby paid $100 for his and got back 50.00.
    11-09-08 01:04 PM
    When you are doing the quote on the blackberry website, it asks what device you are going to purchase, the storm isn't listed. What are you guys doing about that?

Also, I know when I did the quote before, it asked about water damage and what was included with the phone but it isn't asking this time.
    It also didn't give me the option of putting a promotion code in.

What gives?
    11-09-08 01:11 PM
    When you are doing the quote on the blackberry website, it asks what device you are going to purchase, the storm isn't listed. What are you guys doing about that?

Also, I know when I did the quote before, it asked about water damage and what was included with the phone but it isn't asking this time.
    It also didn't give me the option of putting a promotion code in.

What gives?
    It NEVER asked me what BB I planned on buying. What site did you go to---they have an old site and a new site. I used this one:

The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    11-09-08 01:16 PM
    Blackberry trade up program has a special promo for $50 extra dollars going on right now. With the constant unofficial delays I feel like the expiration day of November 30th will pass before I get the storm. Can anyone explain to me is Nov 30th the day I apply for the program to get the extra $50 or is the last day I can apply for the promo and send out the phone little later?? thanks for the help... I just wanna get rid of my 2 1/2 year old Palm treo 700p so I can upgrade to the storm

It says you have to purchase the new BB 30 days prior or after date you get quote.
    11-09-08 01:19 PM
    It NEVER asked me what BB I planned on buying. What site did you go to---they have an old site and a new site. I used this one:

The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    Thank you for the link. I was definately on the other site. I just went to blackberry.com and searched for the trade up program.

The site you gave me was the one I used before to get a quote. Thanks again!
    11-09-08 06:20 PM
    Thank you for the link. I was definately on the other site. I just went to blackberry.com and searched for the trade up program.

The site you gave me was the one I used before to get a quote. Thanks again!
    wheres the extra $50 on the website promo?

They are only offering me $20!
    11-09-08 06:38 PM
    wheres the extra $50 on the website promo?

They are only offering me $20!
    The code I used was graduate and it was 50 dollars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 06:50 PM
    i keep getting an internal error and it won't complete. i guess i'll try another day.
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    i really want to do this...im just so skeptical if this phone doesnt come out in 30 days I lose the quote
    11-09-08 07:42 PM
    What's the difference between the 2 different trade up sites?
    11-09-08 07:49 PM
    Great thread! I also kept on getting an "Internal Error" message, but I was offered 30 bucks for my current phone, plus I used the promotional code for an additional $50. Anyway, since I was getting that message I decided to email them my info just now. I will let everyone know what becomes of it when I get word back since I am not the only one who is getting that internal error message. Their email is [email protected]
    11-10-08 12:44 AM
    To anyone else getting a "Internal Error" message. Turn off any and all pop-up blockers.
    11-10-08 03:56 PM
    Damn! I'd resigned myself that the Storm was too wasteful to buy so soon after I got my Curve, but with this, they're offering me $100 + $50 for the promo code. That's making it tempting!

Curious though, the promo code "graduate" mentioned above, sounds like it's for students or something, do they do any verification of this?
    11-17-08 03:40 PM
    ROFL, it will take my 700wx with a broken LCD, and other broken stuff. I was honest. It was ran over with my semi truck.
    11-24-08 08:14 PM
    Damn! I'd resigned myself that the Storm was too wasteful to buy so soon after I got my Curve, but with this, they're offering me $100 + $50 for the promo code. That's making it tempting!

Curious though, the promo code "graduate" mentioned above, sounds like it's for students or something, do they do any verification of this?
    Not at all. aaaaaaaaa
    11-24-08 10:43 PM
    Question...

Has anyone sent in a COPY of the proof of purchase, or is it absolutely necessary to cut it off the box?

Jamie
    11-25-08 09:29 AM
    Here;s another thread on the program!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-update-75822/

11-25-08 09:42 AM
    What happens if your 30 days runs out? I got a little anxious and tried to anticipate the Storm's release. Am I SOL?

I am picking up my Storm at Fed Ex at lunch.
    11-25-08 09:49 AM
    I ordered my storm, but it's not coming till the 8th supposedly - I have the printed out receipt and shipping label from the trade up program for my 8830, but, will I still be able to send it out on December 8th/9th and receieve the rebate??
    11-25-08 09:57 AM
    you have 30 days after you print it out to mail it out
    11-25-08 10:02 AM
    This was posted in another thread:

Originally Posted by Cynaburst

If you fill in the application for the rebate before 11/30, you can still get the extra $50 with the "graduate" code. Then, you have 30 days to send in your old phone, so as long as you get it in by 12/30, you should be fine.
    11-25-08 10:03 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD