I've had my blackberry storm for a little over a month now and it simply will not register when i click the screen. It will highlight the icons, and it will even come out of the black screen, but I can't get into my text messages, emails, or anything that requires me to click on it. If I do a battery pull it will work for about 30 seconds. Any suggestions or should I go get a new one?
    05-14-09 12:18 PM
    Get a new one....
    05-14-09 12:20 PM
    Have you tried a reset on the phone? back up the data you want saved and start over. It almost sounds like it is a software issue if it is working for a little while after the battery pull. I guess when you say it doesn't "click" do you mean that the screen physically clicks and it just doesn't register your action, or do you mean that the screen itself has stopped clicking all together, as in the mechanical function that causes the phone to click is busted?

This happened to my first storm too, for some reason I noticed that the screen seemed to be "sinking" further, and further into the phone, a few days later I noticed that the "click" it made when i got the phone was practically non-existent, then it seemed like i had to tap and "click" on things more then once to get it to activate a program, or to check my messages. I was also having some display issues with my phone, you could actually see the refresh rate on the screen, and it was ugly. I just took mine back and it was replaced.
    05-14-09 12:43 PM
    Yeah it's not registering the action. I'm most likely going to get a new one I was just wondering if there was anything I could do now since I can't get to a store till tomorrow.
    05-14-09 12:51 PM
    I would take it into the verizon store and see if they can do anything about it. It seems like there's something wrong with the hardware so there won't be anything you can really do about it
    05-14-09 01:40 PM
    I would take it into the verizon store and see if they can do anything about it. It seems like there's something wrong with the hardware so there won't be anything you can really do about it
    I concur with the previously stated statement. lol Just bring it in, that what warranties and Insurance is for. You paid good money for it, it better work good. haha
    05-14-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD