instead you should look at the HTC touch Pro wayyyy better than omnia and storm hands down. Win Mobile is so much more interesting that BB OS you can customize anything
    I played with an HTC Touch Pro for a while and hated it. Slow. Clunky. Crappy screen (small, and lousy resolution, and yes, I know the resolution is technically high. I just wasn't impressed with the image quality). I wasn't really all that impressed with it. I personally thought the Omnia was better. That being said, I think the Storm is the best of the three......at least for me. Remember, to each his own.
    Last edited by EJT; 12-16-08 at 05:44 PM.
    12-16-08 05:32 PM
    I think the Omnia is one of the better Windows Mobile devices out there today. I have both the Storm and Omnia and they are both very enjoyable devices to use. The Omnia is for sale though, if anyone is looking
    12-16-08 05:42 PM
    Windows Mobile is terrible. You'll regret it. I had 3 windows based phones (moto Q9m, xv6900, and then xv6800) and no matter what the offered, WinMo is what inevitably pushed me away from each phone til I was offered a different phone (ie storm). winmo has way more programs/3rd party apps, but in the end i just couldnt deal with it. its terrible. and besides, who knows when verizon will release windows 6.1 update...
    12-16-08 05:46 PM
    I played with an HTC Touch Pro for a while and hated it. Slow. Clunky. Crappy screen (small, and lousy resolution, and yes, I know the resolution is technically high. I just wasn't impressed with the image quality). I wasn't really all that impressed with it. I personally thought the Omnia was better. That being said, I think the Storm is the best of the three......at least for me. Remember, to each his own.
    ewww how bad was the keyboard on the touch pro?

TERRIBLE

numbers along the top? WTH is that?!?!?!

page up key between m and n ??? WTF Verizon?
    12-16-08 05:52 PM
    ewww how bad was the keyboard on the touch pro?

TERRIBLE

numbers along the top? WTH is that?!?!?!

page up key between m and n ??? WTF Verizon?
    The Omnia keyboard is equally frustrating. A space bar on the far right? What gives?
    12-16-08 06:15 PM
    Just so you know, all the specific complaints that I've read so far about the Omnia (or WinMo) are customizable and easily fixed. Don't like the keyboard? there are countless keyboard programs you can install with much better autocorrection than the Storm's. Interface too lame or non-touch friendly? SPB shell installed and boom, perfectly touch friendly interface that is flashier than the storm's.

I know that WinMo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you like to tinker around a lot and know EVERYTHING about your device, the Omnia is pretty much a technological playground. Find something you don't like? fix it, instead of waiting for months for an official update.

That being said, I'm still enjoying my Storm I just don't like hearing random "waaahs" about winmo being too ugly or hard to use.
    12-16-08 06:25 PM
    Just so you know, all the specific complaints that I've read so far about the Omnia (or WinMo) are customizable and easily fixed. Don't like the keyboard? there are countless keyboard programs you can install with much better autocorrection than the Storm's. Interface too lame or non-touch friendly? SPB shell installed and boom, perfectly touch friendly interface that is flashier than the storm's.

I know that WinMo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you like to tinker around a lot and know EVERYTHING about your device, the Omnia is pretty much a technological playground. Find something you don't like? fix it, instead of waiting for months for an official update.

That being said, I'm still enjoying my Storm I just don't like hearing random "waaahs" about winmo being too ugly or hard to use.
    Oh I agree about WinMo, you can do just about anything with a little tinkering. I'm running a highly tweaked XV-6800 right now. Gps is unlocked, rev A is enabled ect. ect. Its just time for a change. And I didn't like the way the omnia felt in my hands, i dunno just wasn't right for me.

I think I had higher expectations from it. I had the Omnia widgets on my 6800 long before the omnia ever came to vzw. I thought they'd be customizable right out of the box. I also expected them to respond better and be more fluid than they were on my 6800 but they were the same.
    Last edited by Lylej2k; 12-16-08 at 10:12 PM.
    12-16-08 10:10 PM
    How does the push email compare?

I heard this was a huge strength of the BB line but something that has been neutralized recently with MS Exchange.

I was highly impressed at how quickly the Storm was able to set up my personal domain email account (via Yahoo) without needing me to input specific settings.

I'm further impressed by the speed at which the emails reach my phone (often before reaching the internet inbox)

Can anyone compare this experience to what occurs in Windows Mobile? (I'm a newbie to smartphones in general)
    12-16-08 10:20 PM
    How does the push email compare?

I heard this was a huge strength of the BB line but something that has been neutralized recently with MS Exchange.

I was highly impressed at how quickly the Storm was able to set up my personal domain email account (via Yahoo) without needing me to input specific settings.

I'm further impressed by the speed at which the emails reach my phone (often before reaching the internet inbox)

Can anyone compare this experience to what occurs in Windows Mobile? (I'm a newbie to smartphones in general)
    This is a point I would like clarification on as well. What exactly IS it about the magical "Blackberry Email" capabilities that makes it head and shoulders above everyone else? I do love the speed that my emails get sent to me, however, when I get an email from Ebay or Amazon with pictures imbedded in the text, they just appear as empty boxes. I need to click a link and be sent to the webpage to render it correctly.

I'm not saying that I'm too busy to click that link, but I would think with everyone saying "Blackberry's = Email King", they could at least handle all types of emails. I have no experience with the Omnia's push emails, but I am aware that you can enable true "push" capabilities at the expense of battery life so speed isn't an issue, so if it can render pages at least as well as the storm, I really don't see what makes the storm's any better.

Granted, I only link 2 emails to my storm, I'm not sure how many can be put on the omnia for no additional charge.

Can anyone explain why exactly Blackberrys are so amazing?
    12-16-08 10:47 PM
    I have an Omnia and am sending it back. I liked the Storm way better and my trusty Curve for that matter. Windows Mobile is definately an acquired taste.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:52 PM
    I used the Omnia in the store last week and did not like it one bit. I did not like WinMo and the touch screen was not very responsive. Storm = better
    12-16-08 10:56 PM
    I tried both on store in order to make my decision. I liked the Omnia, the mouse option and the features. But the lack of GSM capability was a killer. Storm has a great screen on the other hand, and emailing should be rock solid.
    With Wifi and multimedia improvements (and maybe with no surepress, although it goes on the taste), I would recommend the storm. But right now they're quite different beasts.
    12-16-08 10:57 PM
    I have an Omnia and am sending it back. I liked the Storm way better and my trusty Curve for that matter. Windows Mobile is definately an acquired taste.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is, I didn't really care for it until I learned of the potential it has. There's just so much to do. Let's say I hard reset my 6800 and don't have a back-up to re-install. It would take me 2.5 to 3 hrs to get my phone back to where it is now. Thankfully I learned after the second or third time I had to do it that way.
    12-16-08 11:01 PM
    Wifi improvements...I can't anticipate this happening.
    12-16-08 11:03 PM
    In response to those asking about push email on omnia/winmo vs storm/bb, the difference? Nothing.

The newest versions of exchange (2003 and up) support full push email. Its just as instant as the storm/bb. It also supports all the same good securty stuff. Remote device wipe and remote device lock.

it syncs contacts, calendars, tasks. global address lookup. it really works great.

BB no longer has any advantage IMO. Actually i give the advantage to winmo. reasons?

a) no 3rd party BES server which costs money
    b) native integration
    c) NO RELIANCE ON RIM SERVERS! So if rim goes down you go own. with winmo you connect directly to the exchange server, so there is no middleman to get in the way (and slow things down)
    d) easier administration on the admins end.
    12-16-08 11:12 PM
    Just had a read was considering the Omnia to buy now me thinks it will be a Blackberry thanks guys!
    04-15-10 12:05 AM
    Just had a read was considering the Omnia to buy now me thinks it will be a Blackberry thanks guys!
    Good choice. The Omnia is only marginally better than a warm turd.

Well, I guess it's ok, unless you actually want to type on it.
    04-17-10 06:41 PM
    Omnia is better
    04-17-10 06:46 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD