What is your guy's opinion on these two phones. I know this is a Blackberry forum but I just want to get some ideas because I am having a hard decision choosing one.
    12-15-08 08:03 AM
    I got a chance to play with the Omnia for a split second this weekend. It's a pretty slick phone overall. However, the blackberry suits my needs more than the Omnia does.
    12-15-08 08:17 AM
    I originally got the storm on release, then returned it for the omnia, what a BIG mistake that was. Unless you like windows mobile, stay away from the omnia. It feels cheap, buttons are unresponsive, and the typing is pretty bad. So now I'm going back to the storm and I can't wait till it gets here, I can't stand using the omnia.

Just my thoughts
    12-15-08 08:32 AM
    I played with both at the store before going for the Storm.

I liked the interface on the Storm better that the Windows Mobile on the Omnia. I tried out the typing and web browsing and it just seemed to be a lot smoother on the storm.

I suggest going to the store and trying it out for yourself.
    12-15-08 08:49 AM
    Based on stats, I considered going to the Omnia when I was initially unhappy with my Storm. I had not gotten over the learning curve, PLUS I had one with a bad screen. However after I tried the Omnia in the store, and with my dislike of Winmo, I stuck with the Storm. After getting my first storm replaced and getting one with a good screen, I am VERY happy!

I'm with the other posters thou who have said go to the store and try both phone.
    12-15-08 08:54 AM
    In my opinion there is absolutely no comparison. The Blackberry Storm crushes the Onmia in just about every sense.
    12-15-08 09:13 AM
    Yes, I have had both and I agree comletely
    12-15-08 09:25 AM
    You are already a BlackBerry (Pearl) user correct? Have you ever owned a WinMo phone? The Omnia is def a nice Windows Mobile phone but I would shy against it if you have no previous experience with them. I suggest getting the storm. I just came from owning a Treo 700 WX and couldn't be happier. The Storm does a lot out of the box, and I think it will end up having a strong developer community. The applications out now already show a lot of promise.
    12-15-08 10:13 AM
    I have used both, and prefer BB. The Omnia looks great on paper, but in the hands it lacks a bit. If people think the storm's accelarometer lags, try the Omnia. They use crazy animations to pass the seconds of the slow rotations of the screen. and the haptic feedback lags on the touch.
    Storm is overall better, unless you are a WinMo wizard.
    12-15-08 10:42 AM
    I have the Storm and my wife has the Omnia so I get to play with both. There is no comparison the Storm is a much much better product. The Omnia is difficult to navigate and does not type well.
    12-15-08 10:48 AM
    Have to have BB email, plus BB's in general are a MUST for me. The Omnia wasnt too impressive to me. My bussy has one and he loves it. diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
    12-15-08 10:53 AM
    I saw the Omnia on Attack of the Show. They did not like the phone at all. It was almost impossible to type on the screen because the keyboard buttons were so small. It also comes with a stylus which they recommended to use when typing. (So 1990 ) Overall they gave the phone an 80% but they gave it more negatives than positives. They recommended you get this phone if you never saw an Iphone or G1..

Than again take this with a grain of salt because they hated the Storm also. Mind you they had the .65 OS when they reviewed the phone.
    12-15-08 11:00 AM
    In my opinion there is absolutely no comparison. The Blackberry Storm crushes the Onmia in just about every sense.

I would have to agree. My wife has the Omnia and I like the Storm much much more. You have to use a stylus to perform a lot of the operations as the icons are so small. I'm not a hater of windows I love Vista but Windows Mobile needs a lot of work.
    12-15-08 11:01 AM
    I personally have had 2 WinMo phones and won't go back. The Storm has completely changed the way I produce at work.
    12-15-08 11:06 AM
    My wife was leaning towards the omnia while looking at online reviews and videos, but then we went to a vzw store and she got to play with both for awhile. She said she was definatly going to get the storm as soon as the merger is done and we can switch to verizon
    12-15-08 11:10 AM
    The only time the Omnia is better than the Storm is if both devices were turned off and left on a counter top. Once you turn on the Omnia, and see that week, dull interface, the Storm wins hands down.
    12-15-08 11:15 AM
    Good luck multitasking with the omnia. After two or three programs are open, it is very bogged down and downroggy slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 06:31 AM
    Good luck multitasking with the omnia. After two or three programs are open, it is very bogged down and downroggy slow.

LOL you think that's bad, get 2 or three programs open on the xv6800. Now that's slow.

I was going to get the omnia, as its an improvement over the 6800, but then I played with a friends storm and it was over. Should be here tomorrow!!
    12-16-08 06:38 AM
    The interface alone is a recent to avoid the Omnia. It looks horrifically dated.

I also despised the keyboard. In portrait mode, it's virtually useless unless you whip out a stylus.

In landscape mode, I still found it quite difficult to use despite haptic feedback.

Not for me.

Like others have mentioned, visually, there's no comparison. I'm not sure how anyone can play with both units in a store and leave with an Omnia. (Short of having multiple defective Storms and being fed up with RIM)
    12-16-08 06:40 AM
    You are already a BlackBerry (Pearl) user correct? Have you ever owned a WinMo phone? The Omnia is def a nice Windows Mobile phone but I would shy against it if you have no previous experience with them. I suggest getting the storm. I just came from owning a Treo 700 WX and couldn't be happier. The Storm does a lot out of the box, and I think it will end up having a strong developer community. The applications out now already show a lot of promise.
    I used to own a Windows Phone, but it was sooo boring. My dad just bought the omnia and changed the menu around to take the widgets off. It seems like a decent phone but Windows Mobile is such a ***** killer. I think I'm just gonna get the Storm.

Thanks
    12-16-08 02:59 PM
    LOL you think that's bad, get 2 or three programs open on the xv6800. Now that's slow.

I was going to get the omnia, as its an improvement over the 6800, but then I played with a friends storm and it was over. Should be here tomorrow!!
    I want to say; since u are an old 6800 user. If u have that puch that came with it. U can use that for your Storm if it is a tad loose get the scilicone cover purrrrrfect.

I knew putting the dummy next to my Storm the Omnia wasn't for me.
    But whatever blows your hear back..............

The Storm is the $hit
    12-16-08 03:08 PM
    I have used both and if you are looking for the capabilities of typing correctly at a half-way decent speed, then go with the Storm. It's touch keyboard beats the Omnia hands down. A quick reply I could type on the Storm in about 5-10 seconds without errors takes about 30 seconds or more because of the poorly designed keyboard.

Battery life is pretty poor also, especially when using Bluetooth.

The Omnia does have a lot of bells and whistles which appeals to some people. It has a 5 megapixel camera which works great compared to the laggy 3.2 on the Storm. It also has software built in to scan business cards and import them into your contacts.

But for overall reliablity, I would go with the Storm.
    12-16-08 03:29 PM
    I have used both and if you are looking for the capabilities of typing correctly at a half-way decent speed, then go with the Storm. It's touch keyboard beats the Omnia hands down. A quick reply I could type on the Storm in about 5-10 seconds without errors takes about 30 seconds or more because of the poorly designed keyboard.

Battery life is pretty poor also, especially when using Bluetooth.

The Omnia does have a lot of bells and whistles which appeals to some people. It has a 5 megapixel camera which works great compared to the laggy 3.2 on the Storm. It also has software built in to scan business cards and import them into your contacts.

But for overall reliablity, I would go with the Storm.
    The Omnia does have some good points no doubt
    12-16-08 03:35 PM
    instead you should look at the HTC touch Pro wayyyy better than omnia and storm hands down. Win Mobile is so much more interesting that BB OS you can customize anything
    12-16-08 04:37 PM
    I actually didn't mind the windows mobile os. I enjoyed versatility of the os. I do miss my tom tom gps and
    Sling player. But since storm has the Garmin up and running and sling player projected to be release.
    I'm really enjoying my storm. Screen quality is a big issue for me and it would be difficult to go to
    a lesser quality screen. also carrying around the adapters for headphones and external bluetooth
    was a pain.

12-16-08 04:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD