A question to storm users, would you consider moving to a bold or are you happy with the storm?
    02-25-09 07:40 AM
    I would switch in a second if VZW had the bold.
    02-25-09 07:41 AM
    really that bad lol
    02-25-09 07:42 AM
    Honestly, I was going to wait it out for the Bold but this phone was too tempting. It was hard to make the jump because of all the negative reviews the Storm was getting, but I decided that was because most people are not tech savvy and should get a user friendly iPhone anyway.
    02-25-09 07:45 AM
    I have both the Storm and the Bold. I love the Bold but would miss the large screen most of all. Both are great phones.
    02-25-09 07:46 AM
    Let me think.....

no.
    02-25-09 07:49 AM
    You'd have to go with ATT to get the BOLD and that would be a NO. I had the 8330 with Verizon and decided to get the bold with ATT and try it. So i went start a new contract knowing that i had 30 days to return. I figured if i like it i would just port my Verizon number and pay the ETF. I like the BOLD but not the network. It constantly switched from 3G to EDGE which is slow as **** compared to Verizon. I actually held the bold and my 8330 side by side and loaded the exact same sites at the exact same time and my 8330 loaded the page WAy faster than the bold. The first phone call i made on it was dropped after a few minutes. The tethering sucked on my lap top because every time i would switch to EDGE is pretty much stopped loading or seemed like it not to mention it wouldn't even connect at times. I took it back and canceled the line. I went to Verizon and just got the storm but there was nothing wrong with my curve. Still have it encase i want to switch back, but im not going to ATT again. I guess i forgot why i left the first time.
    02-25-09 08:08 AM
    In the US at least, to get the Bold you have to go with AT&T until Niagara comes out on VZW.

While I have no personal experience with AT&T's cell network, I have noticed one thing. People complain about nearly everything Verizon does. From locking down phones, to charging you for just about everything. And all of those are valid complaints. The one thing I never seem to hear anyone complaining about, is Verizon's network. You just don't hear complaints about dropped calls, slow speeds, etc. Things that people might come to expect as a part of life on other networks, such as random service outages, generate huge discussion topics on forums like this, about how Verizon must be full of a bunch of incompetent twits.

While all of that is anecdotal evidence, there's a veritable mountain of it, and it all points to the same thing. Verizon has the best cellular network, period. They may cripple phones and nickel and dime you to death, but when it comes to actually using that cell phone for something like making a call, you won't find better, but you will find quite a bit worse.
    02-25-09 08:19 AM
    You'd have to go with ATT to get the BOLD and that would be a NO.
    Verizon will get their own Bold later this year, May or June according to most rumors. Then it would be a viable option.

But keeping on topic, I considered waiting it out to upgrade to a bold and skipping the storm altogether, but I ended up getting the storm anyway, and now I'm really torn. I won't get the bold when it comes out because I'm now locked into another 2 year contract, but I'm not really disappointed about that anymore because I'm really enjoying my storm. The typing isn't as effecient (yet) as a physical keyboard, but outside of that, I love pretty much everything else about my storm.
    02-25-09 08:22 AM
    i couldn't see myself switching for a bold, i have to open pdf's constantly the screen size is perfect, the storm is just too much fun, it has it's kinks but in a few months i think it'll be worked out.
    02-25-09 08:40 AM
    I would switch in a second if VZW had the bold.
    i would strongly consider it.

if they were both out when i bought my storm though, i probably would have gotten the bold, but no way i'd goto att. i get much better signal than most of my friends with att and often have service when they dont. its also nice to have service in the DC metro when im in the city. cant beat that.
    02-25-09 08:49 AM
    Love the Storm - would not trade it for anything currently on the market. My decision has nothing to do with the carrier (VZW, AT&T, etc) - I like the Storm as a piece of hardware and is what I want as a cell phone +.
    02-25-09 08:57 AM
    Yes I would change to the Bold in a flash if I could
    02-25-09 09:00 AM
    niagara here i come (slowly)
    02-25-09 09:05 AM
    I had the Dare for a couple of months and really liked the touchscreen. I renewed my contract and got the Curve, I liked the rollerball, and the physical keyboard was nice, but really missed my touchscreen. Traded the Curve in for the Storm and have no problems with it. I am used to the typing on the touchscreen and actually prefer the typing on the Storm. I am running .75 and no themes besides the lame stock one. I had Appleberry on there and the unlock time was terrible. My buddy is an ATT store manager and has a Bold. He complained about it for weeks. I have played with it enough, dont want it. Love my Storm...cant wait for the app store.
    02-25-09 09:09 AM
    Love the Storm - would not trade it for anything currently on the market. My decision has nothing to do with the carrier (VZW, AT&T, etc) - I like the Storm as a piece of hardware and is what I want as a cell phone +.
    AMEN!
    02-25-09 09:12 AM
    I'm thinking of trading mine for a Curve 8900. I find the touch screen difficult to use while driving.
    02-25-09 09:20 AM
    no way. I wanted a touch screen phone, and bought it despite the mixed reviews. I really couldn't be happier. Even on .75 my Storm is stable, responsive and a lot of fun. I imagine it'll be even better as the OS continues to evolve.
    02-25-09 09:40 AM
    No. I will upgrade to a new and improved Storm that is sure to be available in the next model upgrade. These phones are great and I can hardly wait for the second generation of these phones to appear on the market.
    02-25-09 09:41 AM
    I have both in my hands right now. I love the Bold but I can't tell if that's because I'm used to not having a touch screen or not. I'm learning with the Storm but the auto complete feature when you are typing is horrendous. The keys are also not that big. I can type 5 times faster on the Bold with no mistakes. I've almost made a mistake every time I've typed a sentence with the Storm. Again..I don't know if this is a learning curve situation or not. I'm sure you can get good at anything given enough time. Dare I say the iPhone is much easier to type on.
    02-25-09 09:46 AM
    Let me think.....

no.
    That cracked me up

But anyway, I love my Storm, don't think I would ever switch. The improvements have been great since .75, although leaked, I would think the official O/S should make up a lot of minds.
    02-25-09 10:04 AM
    Now that I've had my Storm for a couple weeks...no, i would not switch to a Bold. I really like this handset and it works really well for me ergonomically. yes, there are a couple glitches, and i'm slowly growing annoyed with RIM/VZW for the lack of an OS upgrade-but damn I love this phone.
    02-25-09 10:10 AM
    I'm thinking of trading mine for a Curve 8900. I find the touch screen difficult to use while driving.
    So I should be expecting to see your story on the Darwin Awards site sometime soon?
    02-25-09 10:23 AM
    No I would not.
    02-25-09 10:26 AM
    Negative. AT&T reception is horrible. Now the Curve 8900...................is exactly why Ill be carring 2 blackberrys Oh, and thats on T-Mobiles network. Which is better then AT&Ts lol
    02-25-09 10:29 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD