Boy Genius just posted the User Guide
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...rm-user-guide/

"While we wait for RIM’s ex-IDF teams to storm (har, har) the office, we’ve decided to share a ton of pages from the BlackBerry Storm’s User Guide with our loyal readers. It’s a lot more in depth than the PowerPoint was, and it walks you through practically everything. We posted what we thought were the most important parts of the device and things we haven’t seen before. For instance, the full home screen in both orientations, the active call screen, voice recording, camera and video camera options and viewfinder, BlackBerry Maps, tasks — stuff like that. If you’re feeling adventurous enough, hit the BGR gallery!"
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-06-08 at 12:30 AM.
    10-05-08 11:34 PM
    Hope he added a few servers...
    10-05-08 11:37 PM
    I still don't understand why he doesn't host the pics on another server. All this news is killing his servers.
    10-05-08 11:38 PM
    I'm getting "An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.ca602cc.1223268096.793bb57"
    10-05-08 11:42 PM
    Yup same here... maybe I'll give a try again sometime tomorrow after the hoopla dies down (or crackberry posts the pics here).
    10-05-08 11:45 PM

Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-06-08 at 12:04 AM.
    10-05-08 11:47 PM
    Finally got through. Interesting to look at but I haven't yet seen anything super revolutionary.
    10-05-08 11:50 PM

Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-06-08 at 12:07 AM.
    10-05-08 11:52 PM

Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-06-08 at 12:11 AM.
    10-05-08 11:57 PM
    Good, fast work, BigVDawgy!
    10-06-08 12:06 AM
    Reposted on the CrackBerry Blogs now too...

http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackbe...orm-user-guide
    10-06-08 12:07 AM
    10-06-08 12:14 AM
    10-06-08 12:15 AM
    After reading the info, this phone is like an old friend that just got a face lift. I think I will feel right at home as I explore the new touch screen.
    10-06-08 12:19 AM
    i just got a call that my older sis delivered her baby and at the same time found out about this?! its turning out to be a beautiful night, and the sun hasn't even come out yet!!!
    10-06-08 12:25 AM
    in the last slide BGR has posted it says that the Storm supports THREE types of keyboards.

Two of them are obvious and pictured, the qwerty in landscape and the Suretype in Portrait.

Whats the third?? Qwerty in Portrait? Suretype in Landscape? Dvorak?

What the heck is a Multi-Tap Keyboard??? Obviously its the thrid keyboard but what's it mean by multi-tap keyboard?
    10-06-08 12:39 AM
    in the last slide BGR has posted it says that the Storm supports THREE types of keyboards.

Two of them are obvious and pictured, the qwerty in landscape and the Suretype in Portrait.

Whats the third?? Qwerty in Portrait? Suretype in Landscape? Dvorak?
    Multi-Tap, like T9
    10-06-08 12:40 AM
    Maybe it doesn't require a "click through" like the other touchscreens. Making it easier to type fast without having to use so much pressure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 01:11 AM
    Maybe it doesn't require a "click through" like the other touchscreens. Making it easier to type fast without having to use so much pressure.

Don't count on it. Multi-Tap just allows the old school input method. See the keypad arrangement in the background of the below image...
    10-06-08 01:23 AM
    My faith in bgr as an insider is renewed. However, he's still a VZ/RIM hating apple fanboy. Now that we know how to use the phone it should be easier tho hit the ground running with it! Hurry up and release it already big red!

10-06-08 01:33 AM
    I'm sure you all caught the "Availability of GPS depends upon the service provider" disclaimer. I just have a bad feeling that Verizon is going to disable the GPS and make you use VZNav. I would be HIGHLY disappointed. I refuse to pay $5/mo for a FREE service.
    10-06-08 07:02 AM
    I'm sure you all caught the "Availability of GPS depends upon the service provider" disclaimer. I just have a bad feeling that Verizon is going to disable the GPS and make you use VZNav. I would be HIGHLY disappointed. I refuse to pay $5/mo for a FREE service.
    Yep, I read this as well, and the first thing I though of was VZNav. I really hope they don't lock down the GPS.
    10-06-08 07:59 AM
    Wow. I haven't been close to my computer all weekend, come this morning and I've a slew of Storm-Info to go over! Good Jorb, Crackberry - keeping it all tidy in one locale.

Seems the Storm is more evolutionary then revolutionary- but what a sweet device this is sounding like... I truly hope that keyboard is as nice to use and "natural" as they're making it sound - can't wait to give one a run!

As for the GPS on the thing, I'm afraid I have to agree with several others - that Verizon will (most likely) disable the built-in GPS to push their own "VZ" services... I mean, why compete with RIM's offering, and give the customer the option to select a VZ package- when you can just kill the GPS that came pre-loaded in the phone and force people to have no choice.

Still surprised some lawyer somewhere hasn't filed a class-action lawsuit over that practice...

I mean, I'd be pissed if I tried buying a car that the dealership had torn all the factory radios out of, but offered me one of "their radios - which is so much better anyhow" - all for a nominal monthly fee, of course. *rolls eyes*

Anyhow, hopefully after RIM's official "announcement" of the Storm, we won't have too long to wait to see it on the shelves.
    10-06-08 08:49 AM

Still surprised some lawyer somewhere hasn't filed a class-action lawsuit over that practice...
    You know that's a great point. They're charging you for a free, government provided service. That can't be legal.
    10-06-08 09:10 AM
    Let's remember, though; the VZW Storm slide presentation mentions AGPS for use with Blackberry Maps. Then it also talks about VZNavigator. The VZNavigator is a good program, in my opinion, and it has many features that BBMaps does not have. I think Big Red will offer VZ Navigator as an alternative to the free, but less feature-filled, Blackberry Maps.
    10-06-08 09:17 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD