Hello All,

I'm a noobie on here and a noobie to BB too. I havent got one yet but in my search in the last 2 months for a new phone, i have finally settled on the BB Storm.

Only 1 issue. Its only (going to be) available on Vodafone in the UK. I have a TMobile phone line and get some amazing discounts so leaving would just be dumb!

My question is, will the storm (in any form) ever make it to TMob in the UK?

I have searched the forums and there has been no direct answers even though Crucial Extreme (CX) has knowingly hinted at updated storms for GSM carriers....

Should i wait? My other option in an SE x1 but the BB is everything i need and want!!!
    10-23-08 12:06 PM
    i'm buying the vodaphone version unlocked when its released
    10-23-08 12:13 PM
    From what I've heard the Blackberry Storm is exclusive to the carriers it's being released on for the "life of the device." I don't know if that means the life of the first version of the storm or the life of the storm "name". Either way it'll probably be a while before something like it shows up anywhere else. I could be wrong, I'm remembering something I read somewhere...:P
    10-23-08 12:13 PM
    I will be in a simlar boat regarding sticking with your current carrier....Vodaphone signal is not good with me & I like O2 anyway so i'll hopefully be buying an unlcocked Storm & then just stick my O2 sim in it.
    10-23-08 12:21 PM
    For you UK guys.......

After speaking to the Carphone Warehouse last week, they have confirmed that they should get the Storm before Christmas. Hopefully that means it should be on all networks.
    10-23-08 12:25 PM
    Wow, that is exciting, i know quite a few guys and gals in CPW....
    10-23-08 12:29 PM
    Hello All,

I'm a noobie on here and a noobie to BB too. I havent got one yet but in my search in the last 2 months for a new phone, i have finally settled on the BB Storm.

Only 1 issue. Its only (going to be) available on Vodafone in the UK. I have a TMobile phone line and get some amazing discounts so leaving would just be dumb!

I have searched the forums and there has been no direct answers even though Crucial Extreme (CX) has knowingly hinted at updated storms for GSM carriers....

Should i wait? My other option in an SE x1 but the BB is everything i need and want!!!
    Just get an unlocked Storm and put your T-Mobile SIM in it.
    10-23-08 12:55 PM
    Hello All,

No, the 9500 will only be sold by Vodafone. Now, that's not saying that another version somewhere down the road won't hit T-Mobile though. You can use the 9500 on T-Mobile UK's EDGE, and if I'm not mistaken they use 2100MHz HSPA. The only thing is T-Mobile doesn't carry the device, so they won't be able to send the required service books for things such as the browser. I'd either switch to Voda or wait.
    10-23-08 02:55 PM
    Wait it is then........

Any idea on how long that 'road' is likely to take?? Roughly speaking of course (best educated guess)

hehehehe....
    10-23-08 03:39 PM
    No, the 9500 will only be sold by Vodafone. Now, that's not saying that another version somewhere down the road won't hit T-Mobile though. You can use the 9500 on T-Mobile UK's EDGE, and if I'm not mistaken they use 2100MHz HSPA. The only thing is T-Mobile doesn't carry the device, so they won't be able to send the required service books for things such as the browser. I'd either switch to Voda or wait.
    Sorry I'm a little confused with this....If a carrier doesn't carry the phone you can't use it properly on another network ? So if i got an unlocked Vodaphone Storm I wouldn't be able to use it on O2 network ?....or use it as a phone only & not as a BB device with e-mail, browser etc ? I got my unlocked Bold a few months before O2 had it & everything work ok on it.l
    10-24-08 04:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure Vodafone will have paid quite a lot to lock in a firm contract here - given that it is a direct answer to the iPhone - so "the life of the device" probably means until your phone dies. i.e. you won't be able to unlock it (in theory).
    10-24-08 06:10 AM
    I'm pretty sure Vodafone will have paid quite a lot to lock in a firm contract here - given that it is a direct answer to the iPhone - so "the life of the device" probably means until your phone dies. i.e. you won't be able to unlock it (in theory).
    They usually won't unlock a new exclusive phone when it first comes out, but within a few months someone figures out how to do it, and Voda capitulate and start offering the service themselves.
    10-24-08 06:46 AM
    don't worry, you pay retail you can get it unlocked.
    10-24-08 08:22 AM
    don't worry, you pay retail you can get it unlocked.
    Boots, you don't have the storm yet!!! haha i saw it in your profile and then read a few responses before...
    10-24-08 12:04 PM
    service providers have to provide you with a way of unlocking your phone, it got taken to court a while back.
    10-24-08 12:10 PM
    Service provider have to by UK law provide unlocked devices if the customer requests it. The trick here is that you have to request it and some networks can take their time. They also usually charge 35 unless you are NOT in contract.
    10-24-08 12:41 PM
    Boots, you don't have the storm yet!!! haha i saw it in your profile and then read a few responses before...
    It is looking towards the future bud
    10-24-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD