As I was sitting here pondering the need to get home so that I can carefully tuck my Storm into its cradle before my back-up battery dies (battery #1 is already at 10%), it struck me that I'm treating this thing like those stupid, cheap, Japanese electronic egg-pets. It's like taking care of one of those - feeding it with enough juice to survive the day before you feed it again at night and tuck it into "bedside mode" so it can get plenty of sleep (lest it get cranky and require a battery pull). God knows from this web site that the Storm is every bit as needy as a Tamagocchi and some would say they live about as long too. For the heck of it, I googled "Japanese electronic pet" (I could only remember it started with a "T") and found the site below. If you scroll down to the part about caring for the Tamagocchi, and then substitute "Storm" for "Tamagocchi", it will sound eerily like many of the sentiments expressed here on this site!

http://www.virtualpet.com/vp/farm/lleg/neotam.htm

Hopefully my storm won't end up at the bottom of my crap-drawer, after living an equally brief and uneventful life as my kid's Tamagocchi, who's life was also hatched at 5:00 AM on the mass Tamagocchi spawning date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Sharkz; 01-09-09 at 12:39 AM.
    01-09-09 12:36 AM
    Rants and Raves Forum... there for a reason.
    01-09-09 01:07 AM
    Rants and Raves Forum... there for a reason.
    x2!

I don't really understand the people who continue to use the device even though they don't like it. Perhaps they are stupid, perhaps they are poor and spent all their money on the storm. Perhaps they had too much to drink...or they are just plan not intelligent.

If you don't like your phone or have problems with it, get another one or a different phone. Good luck OP! (Criss Cross OPP!)
    01-09-09 01:13 AM
    Where can I download a Tamagocchi pet for the Storm?
    01-09-09 01:14 AM
    I forgot to add I hope you have an F U.

F U.

Functional Unit.
    01-09-09 01:16 AM
    LOL!!! Right over your head...
    01-09-09 01:18 AM
    No complaints - and never have. I love my Storm. My battery "problem" is self-inflicted becasue I can't put the damn thing down. Everything else is an anecdotal observation and neither a rant not a rave. And seriously, what new thread couldn't go into one of the sub-forums? At least it's not a quadruplicate.
    01-09-09 01:37 AM
    lol, sadly I had the same reaction after being disappointed by the content of the original post.
    01-09-09 03:13 AM
    so this thread is not about a tamagocchi app?
    01-09-09 03:17 AM
    Unfortunately not! I had a tamagocchi, several in fact (before upgrading to the cooler ones which you could train and then battle against your friends!)

And I wish people would lighten up about users calling their Storm "high maintenance". I think that most would agree that it is a high maintenance phone! But it doesn't suggest that we're ranting about how much we hate the device. For example, I was just attacked for asking about a screen problem I was having. I feel uncomfortable to ask a question now in fear that someone is going to flame me with an all too common, "if you don't like the device, return it", comment.
    Last edited by MaestroIan; 01-09-09 at 03:38 AM.
    01-09-09 03:30 AM
    lol, sadly I had the same reaction after being disappointed by the content of the original post.
    x3... same here.
    01-09-09 04:33 AM
    I'm with you. I'd also like to be able to play pokemon on this bad boy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD