I have spent hours reading over threads about people unlocking their bb storms to use on at&t. I was very interested in buying a blackberry storm to use with my at&t service, but it seems that almost everyone has trouble making the phone completely functional on the at&t network. I have had two bbs prior to my current e71 and iphone, and I have changed the OSs on both of them countless times so I am well aware of using the software. My question is it really worth it to sacrifice 3g and go through the headache of coaxing the phone to work on a foreign network? I am still teetering on whether to get a bold, curve 8900, or bb storm. I find many bb storm owners, even with new phones, are willing to trade their storms for 3g iphones....it kind of scares me how willing they are to trade phones in the chicagoland area...
    01-21-09 11:15 PM
    If you are a geek, of course it's worth it.
    01-21-09 11:26 PM
    I can't speak to the worthiness of having the Storm on the AT&T network, but I've spoken to tons of Storm users and tons of iPhone users. You're going to find a bunch of people that are complaining about the Storm because (what do they say?) when someone has a bad experience they tell 10 people about it and when someone has a good experience they tell 1 or none. Just look at the solid pros and cons for both units and decide which is more important to you. Both devices are great, but both are unique in their own way. Don't let other people scare you away from an incredible device.
    01-21-09 11:27 PM
    I just want to be able to use all the features of the phone. Also, I want to hear peoples opinions of using EDGE instead of 3g on AT&T.
    01-22-09 12:24 AM
    I just want to be able to use all the features of the phone. Also, I want to hear peoples opinions of using EDGE instead of 3g on AT&T.
    Going to EDGE will lose your 3G icon. Don't know if that matters to you or not lol; it matters to me though. I get constant 5 bars 1XEV almost all the time. Idk about AT&T's 3G network. I get great reception and voice quality almost better than landline.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:34 AM
    I like my storm and everything but I think you should go for the bold if you don't want the hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:59 AM
    I have spent hours reading over threads about people unlocking their bb storms to use on at&t. I was very interested in buying a blackberry storm to use with my at&t service, but it seems that almost everyone has trouble making the phone completely functional on the at&t network. I have had two bbs prior to my current e71 and iphone, and I have changed the OSs on both of them countless times so I am well aware of using the software. My question is it really worth it to sacrifice 3g and go through the headache of coaxing the phone to work on a foreign network? I am still teetering on whether to get a bold, curve 8900, or bb storm. I find many bb storm owners, even with new phones, are willing to trade their storms for 3g iphones....it kind of scares me how willing they are to trade phones in the chicagoland area...
    The guy that sold me my curve actually told me NOT to get the storm, he said it sucked. I don't know....I didn't like it any way.
    01-22-09 02:47 AM
    BBBBBBOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!
    if you want a touchscreen that bad get an iPhone.
    01-22-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD