The phone has so many flaws that I cannot even start to list them.
    Probably because you've never used a Storm
    01-27-09 10:43 AM
    Probably because you've never used a Storm
    The phone does have flaws asmallchild, you can't deny that. Even though i'm a big supporter of this device, i also understand peoples frustrations. I just don't understand why we get these one sentence reviews, and people get upset and disturbed over the comments they receive. Also, when somebody has an opinion; instead of flaming them, ask why? Get some detailed information. It's possible the phone isn't for them, and thats fine. We storm owners own this device knowing it's flaws.
    We need to be a better community, this arguing over different blackberry's is just redundant and old.
    01-27-09 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE=BrianW2007;1514671]The phone does have flaws asmallchild, you can't deny that. Even though i'm a big supporter of this device, i also understand peoples frustrations. I just don't understand why we get these one sentence reviews, and people get upset and disturbed over the comments they receive. Also, when somebody has an opinion; instead of flaming them, ask why? Get some detailed information. It's possible the phone isn't for them, and thats fine. We storm owners own this device knowing it's flaws.
    We need to be a better community, this arguing over different blackberry's is just redundant and old.[/QUOTE]

NO, whats getting old are all the people that had or hate the storm comming onto the storms section just to ***** , last time i checked this was a community to help solve problems not a counseling session.
    01-27-09 10:59 AM
    Technically Sooks, being a rants and raves subforum.. Anything goes. Good, bad, and the ugly. If somebody had something negative to say about the storm, i simply ask "why does it not meet your needs?" "What would you like to see that would better comply?"

And as far as us blackberry' owners, arguing about what device we own, or choose, I'm speaking of the certain.. blackberry owners that choose to downtalk the storm, while they own something else. But, sadly it goes both ways and i see a huge lack of maturity on this site.
    01-27-09 11:03 AM
    The phone does have flaws asmallchild, you can't deny that. Even though i'm a big supporter of this device, i also understand peoples frustrations. I just don't understand why we get these one sentence reviews, and people get upset and disturbed over the comments they receive. Also, when somebody has an opinion; instead of flaming them, ask why? Get some detailed information. It's possible the phone isn't for them, and thats fine. We storm owners own this device knowing it's flaws.
    We need to be a better community, this arguing over different blackberry's is just redundant and old.
    I don't deny it has flaws.

To come in and say it has more flaws than you can list is usually a sign that

a) they've never used one

or

b) they're not willing to even look at how to address those flaws
    01-27-09 11:10 AM
    b) they're not willing to even look at how to address those flaws
    Exactly, They shouldn't have to. It's not their duty, nor even responsibility to update with leaked OS', find workarounds, etc. The storm isn't ready, we know this. We also know that it'll get much improved, but for some that simply isn't enough. You cannot get mad at somebody for that.
    01-27-09 11:53 AM
    But, all I did was ask 2 simple questions and got my head chewed off and accused of being a troll.

Be nice, Be polite, Be prepared to kill
    Actually, you're kinda off base here. The Troll labeling was directed towards the OP, not you. The tone/attitude of the original poster's message was an obvious motion to troll. Just because some troll replies came after your reply doesn't mean they were directed towards you.
    01-27-09 05:40 PM
    the storm sucks, thats my opinion, it slows me down... things that took me second to do on my 8900, takes me longer on the storm, its not even a software issue...
    02-24-09 05:48 PM
    Straight from Dictionary.com

Rant-

–verb (used without object) 1. to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.

–verb (used with object) 2. to utter or declaim in a ranting manner.

–noun 3. ranting, extravagant, or violent declamation.
    4. a ranting utterance.

So Technically, The Rant and Raves Section Should be a Safe Haven For Trolls.

Expect "Trolling"- They ARE Ranting- Aren't They?
    02-24-09 05:54 PM
    yea return it and go back to the 8830, then wait for the track ball to fall out, it is only a matter of time,
    02-24-09 06:10 PM
    Where is that picture of "ya'll n***** is postin in a troll thread" it applies here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:16 PM
    1. not all apps cost money...
    2.BECAUSE YOUR INSTALLING A COMPLETE NEW OS. and they dont take that long ....
    Welcome back, sooks. good to see you again. sorry about being off topic, everyone.
    02-24-09 10:53 PM
    How experienced of a blackberry user are you? Because I've got a feeling you are going to wish you hadn't returned it. You hate it because it's running the .75 operating system. If you were running .109 like a lot of us are, you'd be totally happy. Too bad.
    02-24-09 10:56 PM
    agreed..It's gonna be what it is, the updates will come when they will come. no need to argue about it.
    02-24-09 10:58 PM
    It seems to me that the original poster of this thread didn't really do their homework when they bought the phone. I know a lot of users were swayed into buying the Storm because it was COOL. What they don't understand is that it's the first of it's kind and that yes there will be likely drawbacks but the progression of apps. and OS's has only made the phone better. So PEW PEW to you!!!
    02-25-09 11:16 AM
    It seems to me that the original poster of this thread didn't really do their homework when they bought the phone. I know a lot of users were swayed into buying the Storm because it was COOL. What they don't understand is that it's the first of it's kind and that yes there will be likely drawbacks but the progression of apps. and OS's has only made the phone better. So PEW PEW to you!!!
    No.

PEW PEW VZW For False Advertisement.

Apple is Feeling the Joys of False Advertisement too-
    02-25-09 11:20 AM
    No.

PEW PEW VZW For False Advertisement.

Apple is Feeling the Joys of False Advertisement too-
    What false advertisement? My Storm possesses the functional requirements necessary to do all the things in the storm commercials. There is no misrepresentation.

The only thing potentially misleading is the rapidity in which the phones go about their tasks, but VZW covers that with a 'screen images simulated' disclosure. Besides, it's a 15 or 30 second spot depending on the commercial. From a logistical standpoint, they'd have to speed things up.
    02-25-09 11:34 AM
    What false advertisement? My Storm possesses the functional requirements necessary to do all the things in the storm commercials. There is no misrepresentation.

The only thing potentially misleading is the rapidity in which the phones go about their tasks, but VZW covers that with a 'screen images simulated' disclosure. Besides, it's a 15 or 30 second spot depending on the commercial. From a logistical standpoint, they'd have to speed things up.
    Oh Yea Just Like the "Rapidity" of the iPhones Web Browser which is why they are going to court.

The Technology Chronicles : Apple's iPhone 3G troubles spawn a lawsuit
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-25-09 at 11:44 AM.
    02-25-09 11:37 AM
    $35 is for the fact it in now a used device. Used by you. They are not rented devices. If you stayed within the standards of a NEW device there would be no $35 charge.
    02-25-09 12:51 PM
    LOVE IT!
    02-25-09 12:56 PM
    Technically-

Aren't You Trolling The Rants Sub Forum?
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD