My blackberry storm keeps restarting this is my second one. I don't know what the problem is. i don't want to go thru the hassle of Verizon sending me yet another storm. Does anyone know what I can do to help fix this. I dont know if its because I have 3rd party apps like twitter berry on my phone and face book etc...Can some one please help!!!

05-23-09 05:18 PM
    evac it could be a memory issue. When you go to options>status what is that file free number? Check it quick and post that number. You might just need to do some memory cleanup...
    05-23-09 05:20 PM
    22719291 bytes
    05-23-09 05:22 PM
    Upgrade your OS, shrink it first, then delete unwanted apps.
    .75 had a bad random reboot issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 06:06 PM
    how do I upgrade my OS I have 4.7.0.75
    05-23-09 06:10 PM
    just DL the .exe file of the OS you want to install (i suggest .148 at the moment) and install it on your PC, and when you plug your phone in with desktop manager running it will prompt you if you want to install. more instructions can be found in the storm OS subforum. you can email me if you have trouble.
    05-23-09 06:12 PM
    It's a known issue with the device. Verizon and RIM are well aware of the problem, plus numerous others. If your sales rep didn't tell you about them, then you have been defrauded. Call the store, take the device back.
    05-23-09 06:14 PM
    i didnt know there was a .48 for the bb storm everytime i check for updates there isnt any. This is my 2nd storm its just a hassle having to get it replaces
    05-23-09 06:16 PM
    how do I upgrade my OS I have 4.7.0.75
    Ok, so if you're on .75, that was your problem. First, go to the Storm OS sub forum, and download the .148 leaked OS onto your windows PC. Then, follow the instructions (abbreviated here).
    1. install the OS to your computer
    2. Hook up your phone to the computer
    3. Start loader.exe in C:/program files/common/research in motion/app loader
    4. Go through the steps, making sure that you click back up so you don't lose all your stuff.
    5. The process can take from ten to thirty minutes, so whatever you do, don't pull the BlackBerry out until it says it was successful.
    * if you somehow manage to brick you berry (which is darn near impossible, unless you do who I said not to do in step 5), just do the process again.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

05-23-09 06:18 PM

it is a leaked version, not released by VZW yet, but it is in testing currently. it is basically going to be pass/fail on thursday. either way, it is better than what is currently released by VZW and will fix your problems.
    05-23-09 06:20 PM
    It's a known issue with the device. Verizon and RIM are well aware of the problem, plus numerous others. If your sales rep didn't tell you about them, then you have been defrauded. Call the store, take the device back.
    not a device issue, it is a software issue, and every OS sent to VZW for testing since .75 has addressed the reboot issue. don't spread misinformation and anti-storm propaganda please.

thank you for your cooperation
    05-23-09 06:21 PM
    other helpful hints for upgrading your OS

delete the vendor.xml file like listed in previous posts
    disconnect from the internet prior to running DM
    run DM as administrator (for vista users only)

when you do all 3 you will have no problems

also, the vendor file thing generally doesn't apply to software coming from the same carrier you the device is meant for. so since the leak we're suggesting is from VZW, the vendor file is compatible. if you were loading an OS released as an official and supported build from say BELL for example, the vendor file would be for BELL devices only. you would want to delete that. its just a good habit to get into when dealing with unofficial software.

good luck!

and my email is available if you need help.
    05-23-09 06:24 PM
    other helpful hints for upgrading your OS

delete the vendor.xml file like listed in previous posts
    disconnect from the internet prior to running DM
    run DM as administrator (for vista users only)

when you do all 3 you will have no problems

also, the vendor file thing generally doesn't apply to software coming from the same carrier you the device is meant for. so since the leak we're suggesting is from VZW, the vendor file is compatible. if you were loading an OS released as an official and supported build from say BELL for example, the vendor file would be for BELL devices only. you would want to delete that. its just a good habit to get into when dealing with unofficial software.

good luck!

and my email is available if you need help.
    :/
    I didn't need to do any of the three things that you mentioned.

05-23-09 06:26 PM
    not a device issue, it is a software issue, and every OS sent to VZW for testing since .75 has addressed the reboot issue. don't spread misinformation and anti-storm propaganda please.

thank you for your cooperation
    Is it an issue? Have they fixed it? Where is ther misinformation?
    05-23-09 06:27 PM
    It's a known issue with the device.
    device issue implies that it is a hardware issue and can not be resolved without changing the actual equipment. the reboot issue is a software related issue, and will be addressed with MR2, which could be as soon as the first of next month if .148 gets approved.

Verizon and RIM are well aware of the problem, plus numerous others. If your sales rep didn't tell you about them, then you have been defrauded. Call the store, take the device back.
    the store sales reps are not obligated to provide a "known issues log" with purchase. they don't have that information through the sales channel. that is a tech support document, and if you call and ask, they will read the dang whole document to you. i'm sure its about 3 pages long.

and i suggest you try the new software, and make your decision based on that. not based on .75. if you're uncomfortable loading unsupported software, i understand. however, many of us here on this site and others are very knowledgable. i personally am certified to support all RIM and WinMo devices on the market.

you could always return the device and then upgrade later after MR2 is released.
    05-23-09 06:33 PM
    device issue implies that it is a hardware issue and can not be resolved without changing the actual equipment. the reboot issue is a software related issue, and will be addressed with MR2, which could be as soon as the first of next month if .148 gets approved.

the store sales reps are not obligated to provide a "known issues log" with purchase. they don't have that information through the sales channel. that is a tech support document, and if you call and ask, they will read the dang whole document to you. i'm sure its about 3 pages long.

and i suggest you try the new software, and make your decision based on that. not based on .75. if you're uncomfortable loading unsupported software, i understand. however, many of us here on this site and others are very knowledgable. i personally am certified to support all RIM and WinMo devices on the market.

you could always return the device and then upgrade later after MR2 is released.

Do you read what you post? You need to put down the bong and get a life. Selling someone something you know is faulty is....FRAUD!!! Device, software...the whole THING is a piece of CRAP.
    05-23-09 06:43 PM
    Oh yea...I'm a CERTIFIED BULLSH*% detector
    05-23-09 06:44 PM
    I'm glad to see nobody flamed the OP for the question. That happens way too often in the Storm forums, but this was cool.
    Last edited by Saiyajin; 05-23-09 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
    05-23-09 06:46 PM
    Do you read what you post? You need to put down the bong and get a life. Selling someone something you know is faulty is....FRAUD!!! Device, software...the whole THING is a piece of CRAP.
    no bong here, sorry to disappoint you. i can't stand hippies. you yourself own the device. why is that? and the "crap" comment is your opinion. sorry, everyone has an opinion. they're available everywhere on the internet. i'm only here to help people in my spare time. if you have issues with that then we can discuss it further in PM.
    05-23-09 06:46 PM
    Oh yea...I'm a CERTIFIED BULLSH*% detector
    PEB CAK

'nuff said.
    05-23-09 06:47 PM
    Selling something you know is faulty is fraud.
    05-23-09 06:51 PM
    Selling something you know is faulty is fraud.
    you have a 30 day window to return it, heck, there have been reports of VZW offering exchanges after that period as exceptions.

but i'm sure your petition to VZW and class action lawsuit are pending already in the courts...have fun.
    05-23-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD