Anyone know of a working one?

I keep getting "Unable to display file"

I have an exam tomorrow and this would be a great way for those last-minute read-throughs. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-26-09 11:33 AM
    02-26-09 11:38 AM
    Thank you! I'm installing it now.
    02-26-09 11:51 AM
    Works like a charm. Thank you very much, once again.
    02-26-09 11:57 AM
    no problem.
    02-26-09 12:08 PM
    as far as i can tell, there are at least 2 pdf viewers already preinstalled on the storm. when i try to open a pdf i am given the option to "view" and "edit with documents to go". both seem to work well, though the "edit with documents to go" option usually takes a bit longer to open. why would i need repligo reader?
    02-26-09 02:19 PM
    as far as i can tell, there are at least 2 pdf viewers already preinstalled on the storm. when i try to open a pdf i am given the option to "view" and "edit with documents to go". both seem to work well, though the "edit with documents to go" option usually takes a bit longer to open. why would i need repligo reader?
    If you have a pdf saved to your Storm or memory card, the built in pdf reader will not be able to open it. It can only open pdf email attachments, not edit them. It will not open pdfs that are not attached to emails, so if you save something to your Storm, you won't be able to open it with out purchasing other software.

Word, ppt and excel attachments, on the other hand, can be viewed and edited whether they are saved the device memory/media card or retrieved from email.
    02-26-09 02:48 PM
    ah ok. but what's to stop you from just emailing a pdf to your phone and saving the email?
    02-26-09 03:32 PM
    It just Pis*&# me off we pay good money for the storm. and pdf viewer should be free. Come on
    02-27-09 08:56 AM
    It just Pis*&# me off we pay good money for the storm. and pdf viewer should be free. Come on
    ditto, it really bothers me
    02-27-09 09:07 AM
    has anyone tried Mobipocket Reader..??
    03-04-09 01:14 AM
    Adobe owns the rights to .pdf files not rim. You are lucky to get docs to go. The iphone doesn't open pdf's natively either. Nor does it open office docs natively

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 07:56 AM
    My Pearl could open pdf's who any trouble. Shouldn't the storm be equipped the same? This WAS an upgrade phone.

05-29-09 06:16 PM
    I just got my Storm a month ago had a PDF viewer that came with it... it was probably Docs to Go. Then I upgraded the OS to .141 and now I don't have it anymore. I still have the readers for Excel and Word. I don't know if there is a way to get it back from the backup somehow. Does anyone know?
    05-29-09 06:36 PM
    really liked RepliGo Reader, good lookin out!
    05-31-09 03:55 AM
    DocTogo has a PDF viewer when you do a trial of the premium service

05-31-09 06:23 AM
    I've used a couple of trials and while it comes in handy....especially for work...I can't imagine using it extensively to read pdf documents and/or (gulp) books. On a screen like the storms, it would be very difficult even with reading glasses. That being the case I'm hesistant to spend money on something that should be native to the storm.
    05-31-09 07:35 AM
    Adobe owns the rights to .pdf files not rim. You are lucky to get docs to go.
    As of July 2008, PDF actually became an open standard. We just need someone to develop an application to read them on the storm.

I think the reason you can view PDF files attached to emails is that it is handled by the attachment service (forget the exact name) but what you're actually looking at is an image that was rendered by a server and sent to your bb which is why you'll see the data arrows flashing between pages and when zooming, etc.
    05-31-09 11:36 AM
    There really should be free pdf reader, if the file format is open.

I will donate $10 to developer of new free reader, anybody will join me?
    It's not about saving money (other readers are $20), it's about principle.
    11-16-09 05:23 AM
    To answer someone's question about why you wouldn't just email yourself pdfs, therefore bypassing the need for a pdf reader:

The benefit of having a pdf reader, as opposed to using BB's attachment service to read a pdf in your email is this:

Using a pdf reader will allow you to read the document in column view, making it infinitely more readable than if you're forced to read the miniature version of the pdf, which is essentially what you get through the attachment service.
    11-16-09 09:07 AM
    I have Beam reader and they just updated it for 5.0 OS Had to pay for it but it is worth it.
    11-16-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD