I am sort of new to this especially for the storm lol...How can I update my BlackBerry Storm 9530 (Verizon) to the latest OS. I currently am running v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94). When I purchased my storm I received it unlocked global edition and I am currently using it for AT&T, What is the latest OS Version and will my phone still work on AT&T when updated? How do I update my BlackBerry Storm OTA ... or Desktop Manager 4.7.0...Please help me? Thank you for all your help
    04-01-09 08:15 PM
    I suggest you read the few sticky's up top, as well as just looking around. There are tons of answers and helpfull people here Enjoy your phone.
    04-01-09 08:17 PM
    I am sort of new to this especially for the storm lol...How can I update my BlackBerry Storm 9530 (Verizon) to the latest OS. I currently am running v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94). When I purchased my storm I received it unlocked global edition and I am currently using it for AT&T, What is the latest OS Version and will my phone still work on AT&T when updated? How do I update my BlackBerry Storm OTA ... or Desktop Manager 4.7.0...Please help me? Thank you for all your help
    Look at almost every thread above and below this post. Look at the threads with the title: BBcrackman v1, v2, or v3. They have detailed breakdowns on how to.
    04-01-09 08:18 PM
    I know...I was looking around and there just are so many...What do you recommend for 9530 using AT&T what is the latest version and will my phone still work on AT&T after update.....
    04-01-09 08:53 PM
    Know first that all the OS's floating around other than .75 are leaks and are not official. But there's no reason why your phone won't continue to work on AT&T after you've updated the OS. I say take a look around. So far I think OS .109 has been good to me. 114 has the new copy paste feature but there were things I didn't like too much. .113 was also leaked but I haven't tried that yet.

But yeah, like the others before me, take a look at the stickies for some helpful step by step walkthroughs for updating an OS.
    04-01-09 09:01 PM
    I've tried just about every leak, and found that 113 was the best for my phone.

I've also been running BBCrackman's 114 v.3 and it seems to be doing even better than 113 in memory, battery life, copy/paste, accelerometer, and camera. In other words, I'm impressed with it. The improvements over 113 by themselves are not radical, but 114 v3 just gives the phone a 'snappier' feel.

Also remember that these are not official OS's, but I think you'll enjoy your phone a lot more with either one of these two (113 or 114 v3).
    04-02-09 06:40 AM
    However, since you are unlocked and running on AT&T, others have reported that the latest OS leaks are not happy on GSM service. Since I'm on VZW, haven't really paid much attention to the AT&T issues, but I think I've read .109 is good for GSM. Read the forum carefully and pay close attention to what is said about EDGE/edge connections before you try updating.
    04-02-09 12:22 PM
    don't quote me on it, but I think someone said the .76 was good for people using unlocked phones on EDGE carriers
    04-02-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD