I am new to the Blackberry and have a few questions.

1) My internet connection is VERY SLOW. I had an Ipod Touch and connecting via WiFi I was moving at light speeds. The BBery is a turtle!!! I have read a few tweaks but it still creeps.

2) I hear many speaking about connection speeds and memory loss. I have no idea if I am a victim of this. Where are these numbers and percentages coming from?

3) I have a generic silicone sleve from Verizon that has a cool design on the back that looks like a tattoo. When it is on the person I am talking to says they cannot hear me. If it is off, I am clear. Is the speaker the little tiny whole at the bottom of the phone? It is not covered in any way by the sleve. Anyone else have similar issues?

4) I am thinking about getting an Otterbox. It looks like it would meet all my needs with the silicone sleve and the hard care around it. Anyone have one?

5) I am not able to play streaming video on web sites.I can use YouTube just fine, but on the web, NADA!!!!

Thanks for your help.
    05-14-09 01:34 PM
    1. You can't compare WiFi to cell carriers 3G network as far as speed. Upgrading your OS to .141 has been known to increase the broswing expierence.

5. The videos are probably flash based and no blackberry supports the newer flash versions currently used.
    05-14-09 01:37 PM
    so the 3g is always slower? I might as well return the Storm and wait a few months till the #2 comes out.
    05-14-09 01:38 PM
    The quickest speed test I have received on the storm is about 400kbps down 400kbps up. WiFi depends on the ISP network the WAP is connected to but generally is a few mbps down/up.
    05-14-09 03:17 PM
    The #2 will be on Verizon's 1XEV (3G) network as well, doesn't sound like it will be any faster.
    05-14-09 03:58 PM
    #1: Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt to enable js.

+ in general properties: check enable js location support.

+ regularly in cache operations: clear content cache & pushed content.

#2: Best practices: app memory
    05-14-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD