I currently have version 4.7.141, for the storm , I see there is an upgraded version, When I go to check for updates to download the new version , it tells me no updates available. Is this new version the same as what i currently have or is there another way to get the latest version ? Help
    06-08-09 07:10 AM
    I currently have version 4.7.141, for the storm , I see there is an upgraded version, When I go to check for updates to download the new version , it tells me no updates available. Is this new version the same as what i currently have or is there another way to get the latest version ? Help
    If your on Verizon and are trying OTA you have to be on .75 to get it ota. Simply plug it in and open your DM, it should find the update for it. if not go to the VZW site and download it.
    06-08-09 07:19 AM
    Go to this sticky on the top of this page and follow CX's instructions. it's a piece of cake!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/
    06-08-09 08:05 AM
    Here is the link for the Latest official OS from VZW:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

After the DL in complete. Go into add/remove programs on your PC and remove .141 from your PC. Once the .141 OS is removed you can install the OS that you DL'd earlier.

I would suggest you backup your device before installing your new OS. Another reccomendation would be to backup your 3rd Party Apps as well. Here's some instruction for that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

~Good Luck~
    Michael
    06-08-09 08:12 AM
    I think you all are missing the OP's question, because I have the asem issue. I HAVE upgrade to .141 from .75, and am still getting "upgrade available" notices when I connect to DM. It is trying to install the core 4.7 something or other.

I assumed it is doing this because I deleted some apps, and it is trying to reinstsall them (in particular VCast). So, I am getting this inspite of already having .141 installed.
    Last edited by pm1066; 06-08-09 at 08:53 AM.
    06-08-09 08:51 AM
    I think you all are missing the OP's question, because I have the asem issue. I HAVE upgrade to .141 from .75, and am still getting "upgrade available" notices when I connect to DM. It is trying to install the core 4.7 something or other.

I assumed it is doing this because I deleted some apps, and it is trying to reinstsall them (in particular VCast). So, I am getting this inspite of already having .141 installed.
    The reason you are getting an upgrade message when you connet to DM is because the most recent official Verizon release is .148 and you have .141. The op was asking why he can't upgrate OTA and it's because you can only upgrade OTA if you have .75 or below on your phone.
    06-08-09 09:07 AM
    The reason you are getting an upgrade message when you connet to DM is because the most recent official Verizon release is .148 and you have .141. The op was asking why he can't upgrate OTA and it's because you can only upgrade OTA if you have .75 or below on your phone.
    +2

Good description...
    06-08-09 09:33 AM
    Guys, I"m a ****--I meant 148, not 141. Replace 141 with 148 in my post--I'm still getting this 4.7 core applications notice every time I check with DM. With 148 already installed.

And, it auto checks ONLY Vcast--everything else I deleted, it leaves alone, but constantly tries to sneak VCAst back on the phone.
    06-08-09 11:59 AM
    Guys, I"m a ****--I meant 148, not 141. Replace 141 with 148 in my post--I'm still getting this 4.7 core applications notice every time I check with DM. With 148 already installed.

And, it auto checks ONLY Vcast--everything else I deleted, it leaves alone, but constantly tries to sneak VCAst back on the phone.
    Yes that's a bug in DM. You can update to the newest version of DM to stop this. I believe there is another fix but you'll have to search for that on your own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 12:04 PM

You know you can go back and edit your post right?
    06-08-09 12:10 PM
    You know you can go back and edit your post right?
    You know people read things serially, right?

But seriously,thanks for such helpful internets information. Perhaps you can also show me how to edit my post AND edit the incorrect parts of my post that were already captured in quotes by other posters?

Thanks for all your help.
    06-09-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD