Hey everyone, this is my first post as I am new to the site and heard about the forums and site through my girlfriend who recently purchased a BB Curve and really enjoys it. I am up for a Verizon upgrade and would like to move over to Blackberry I just don't know which path to take. I have been reading on the forums of some new phones coming out at the end of the month, Atlas and Tour?

Are these phones worth waiting for? I tried the storm this past weekend and really loved it but have also heard many many complaints about the phone as well. I was considering of purchasing the Storm but am really not in the mood to be dealing with issues all the time. Are the rumors about some new software or something true, these forums say its a bunch of crap.

I guess I am looking for the opinions of you experienced Blackberry users as to which way I should go as far as phones and whether to even go down the Blackberry route (which i am sure I will get a unanimous YES!)

Thanks for the responses ahead of time everyone.

-nodnarbnap
    05-17-09 06:33 PM
    try it, if in 30 days you dont like it, exchange it for another device
    05-17-09 06:41 PM
    Wait until right before Tour release, then get a Storm (if ur still curious about it). Try it out and if you dont like it, the Tour should be almost or already released, and you can take the Storm back and get the Tour.

If you dont like the Storm, you should definitely love the Tour. If not, Berries are probably just not for you. Good luck!
    05-17-09 06:56 PM
    Wait until right before Tour release, then get a Storm (if ur still curious about it). Try it out and if you dont like it, the Tour should be almost or already released, and you can take the Storm back and get the Tour.

If you dont like the Storm, you should definitely love the Tour. If not, Berries are probably just not for you. Good luck!
    Very well said, and if I were in your shoes, nodnarbnap, this is exactly what I would do.
    05-17-09 06:58 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

Is there an official time line for the Tour or is it rumor and speculation?
    05-17-09 07:06 PM
    sometime in July perhaps. Nothing concrete though
    05-17-09 07:08 PM
    I think at the very latest we'd see it would be the end of August.
    05-17-09 07:10 PM
    hmmm, looks like if i take that route i will have to be a little patient and stick with my standard cell phone. I am curious as to the size of the Tour, will it be a larger phone like the Bold or a smaller more compact phone like the Curve?

second, not sure you guys would know nor would i expect you to but, does Flash work on BB? I ask because I play Yahoo! fantasy sports.
    05-17-09 07:14 PM
    hmmm, looks like if i take that route i will have to be a little patient and stick with my standard cell phone. I am curious as to the size of the Tour, will it be a larger phone like the Bold or a smaller more compact phone like the Curve?

second, not sure you guys would know nor would i expect you to but, does Flash work on BB? I ask because I play Yahoo! fantasy sports.
    Its closer to the size of the Curve, but maybe a lil bigger...
    05-17-09 07:16 PM

It's bigger than a Curve but smaller than the Bold. Right in-between. Those that have used it say that it's the perfect size out of all BB's.
    05-17-09 07:18 PM
    Its closer to the size of the Curve, but maybe a lil bigger...
    hmm, its sounding very appealing. seems to have a color screen and the flash of a storm but the full keyboard and scroll ball like the curve. What makes this phone worth waiting for or is it because its just the new hip thing coming out? I am researching a bit and people are making this sound like it the savior for all mankind...whats all the buzz about?

i just want to make the right decision.
    Last edited by nodnarbnap; 05-17-09 at 07:29 PM.
    05-17-09 07:19 PM
    The buzz surrounding the Tour partly comes from the fact that for a while now, there has not been a new full qwerty BB that runs on a CDMA network. The curve, pearl and 8801 has been the staple for a while so some BB owners what
    something new. The latest qwerty BB was the bold and javelin but they run on GSM networks.

Is the Tour worth getting excited about, absolutely!! Especially if it suite your needs.
    05-17-09 07:44 PM
    wait for the Tour to come out! I have a Storm now and can't wait to ditch it when the Tour comes out. I do a lot of typing on the phone and the storm isn't that great when it comes to typing fast, so I'm switching over to the Tour. Another reason, the problems with the storm are ridiculas!
    05-17-09 07:49 PM
    I've owned all kinds of PDA/intenet access type phones and have NEVER enjoyed a phone as much as the Storm. I wouldn't wait for anything (though some say I'm impatient)...if you tried it out...liked it...go get a Storm tomorrow. I think it's the best phone ever made. Use it for a few days, as is, then read this (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/) and upgrade your OS to .132, then to the Lyricidal .141/5.0 hybrid. It's a rock solid OS. Updating a BB OS is nothing to be scared of. Just read the how to thread and follow the instructions. I think that most people who don't like the Storm, don't like it because they have always had other BB's and can't get used to not having a physical keyboard.

Grey
    05-17-09 10:17 PM
    I've owned all kinds of PDA/intenet access type phones and have NEVER enjoyed a phone as much as the Storm. I wouldn't wait for anything (though some say I'm impatient)...if you tried it out...liked it...go get a Storm tomorrow. I think it's the best phone ever made. Use it for a few days, as is, then read this (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/) and upgrade your OS to .132, then to the Lyricidal .141/5.0 hybrid. It's a rock solid OS. Updating a BB OS is nothing to be scared of. Just read the how to thread and follow the instructions. I think that most people who don't like the Storm, don't like it because they have always had other BB's and can't get used to not having a physical keyboard.

Grey
    Best phone I've ever owned too...I TOTALLY AGREE! I also agree with you telling him to use it for a few days when he first gets it, but would have to disagree with jumping straight to a leak w/o knowing if you have to or not. The original OS works great on some phones (mines being one) so it may work fine for you. If not, definitely jump to the leak.
    05-17-09 10:54 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned too...I TOTALLY AGREE! I also agree with you telling him to use it for a few days when he first gets it, but would have to disagree with jumping straight to a leak w/o knowing if you have to or not. The original OS works great on some phones (mines being one) so it may work fine for you. If not, definitely jump to the leak.
    The thing about the leaked OS update is that if you don't think it's better, you can always go back to .75. I love all these OS options you have with a BB. It's a blast!!! Having said that...if you love it all on .75 and don't want to mess with it, you'll still love the phone.
    05-17-09 11:06 PM
    wow. so you both along with a friend of mine feel its an amazing phone. I really enjoyed it, obviously before i go getting it, one of the musts is that i can get on and manage yahoo fantasy sports...as stupid as it sounds, along with email and all that good stuff.

Its refreshing to hear people who love the storm, all i seem to hear is how people hate it and to go nowhere near it. i think i am going to get it wednesday...the only thing that has me concerned is IF i happen to not like it and then get the curve...just in time for the Tour to come out...and I WILL NOT spend $600 on a new phone lol.
    05-17-09 11:07 PM
    wow. so you both along with a friend of mine feel its an amazing phone. I really enjoyed it, obviously before i go getting it, one of the musts is that i can get on and manage yahoo fantasy sports...as stupid as it sounds, along with email and all that good stuff.

Its refreshing to hear people who love the storm, all i seem to hear is how people hate it and to go nowhere near it. i think i am going to get it wednesday...the only thing that has me concerned is IF i happen to not like it and then get the curve...just in time for the Tour to come out...and I WILL NOT spend $600 on a new phone lol.
    Yea...there are plenty of rants over the Storm, but A LOT of raves at the same time. I LOVE THIS PHONE TO DEATH MAN

I wonder (considering you didnt like the Storm) if they'd let you just bring it back (before 30 days) and continue using your phone you have now...which would save your upgrade for the Tour when it comes out. Hmmmm. You should check with VZW on that. It might be the best option for you.
    05-17-09 11:48 PM
    Yea...there are plenty of rants over the Storm, but A LOT of raves at the same time. I LOVE THIS PHONE TO DEATH MAN

I wonder (considering you didnt like the Storm) if they'd let you just bring it back (before 30 days) and continue using your phone you have now...which would save your upgrade for the Tour when it comes out. Hmmmm. You should check with VZW on that. It might be the best option for you.
    yea thats a great idea, i will definitely ask them tomorrow or wed when i go...if they were able to do that for me it would be a huge relief, but as another user responded above...if im having problems, I just update the OS and it should work. We will see I guess...

the only part that is still killing me and I am not finding anything positive on the matter online is the Yahoo fantasy sports not working well on BB...thats frustrating since fantasy sports is one of the major reasons i want a BB...ugh. Yahoo needs to get with the program...they apparently have a great app for the iPhone but nothing for BB...

what is that crap!
    05-18-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD