Hi Guys im JD, i've had my curve for almost 5 months now but i really want the storm,Obvious i;m on AT&T i have no complain at all from AT&T is grate and service is also good but I WANT THE STORM...

Now i'm heading to a verizon store to test out the Storm i like it, there's only one thing that i do not like from it is that on port trait mode i don't get a full Qkey but on landscape but it isn't that bad at all i can get use too it as far everything is perfect in my opinion.

I want you Blackberry Experts and Verizon and AT&T Users to give me your opinions and suggestions to make a good choice, i know that to some you wil say go for the storm but still give me your thought and help me out.

Thanks
    01-21-09 10:51 PM
    get the storm, you won't be disappointed, worst comes to worse you just use the 30 day trial period and if you don't like it, go back to your curve.
    01-21-09 11:08 PM
    I would go for the storm for sure. I love mine. If you don't want to switch carriers then I suggest getting the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 01:23 AM
    Huuuuuge mistake...get a Bold- you'll kick yourself later.

01-22-09 01:39 AM
    Huuuuuge mistake...get a Bold- you'll kick yourself later.

Jealousy?

I hope you own one (9530).

Im getting a Bold because my work uses AT&T as a provider. The Bold is nice, but nothing unique about that phone other then its a solid 8830we upgrade IMHO (a few already have it where i work and have let me use it).

Played with it, didn't make me go "oh my gawd i have to have this".
    01-22-09 02:17 AM
    last time i checked we crackberry addicts had a name for people who wanted to give up efficiency and productivity to look cool:

iPhone owner.
    Now the Storm came out and all the touchscreen haters are suddenly singing the praises of a touchscreen device that has basically the same os as my trackball oriented Bold.

I also own an iPhone 3g as well as my Bold and both serve their purpose.
    Ive used a Storm and its not even close to the other two.
    Thats fact my friend, dont take my word for it...do your research.
    Ask the people who dont just follow the "hype"

Im out!
    Real QWERTY for life...Peace
    LOL
    01-22-09 02:47 AM
    well i made my chocice i have in my hand my new storm 9530 and i love it
    01-23-09 12:01 AM
    Hi Guys im JD, i've had my curve for almost 5 months now but i really want the storm,Obvious i;m on AT&T i have no complain at all from AT&T is grate and service is also good but I WANT THE STORM...

Now i'm heading to a verizon store to test out the Storm i like it, there's only one thing that i do not like from it is that on port trait mode i don't get a full Qkey but on landscape but it isn't that bad at all i can get use too it as far everything is perfect in my opinion.

I want you Blackberry Experts and Verizon and AT&T Users to give me your opinions and suggestions to make a good choice, i know that to some you wil say go for the storm but still give me your thought and help me out.

Thanks
    Full QWERTY in portrait with .90
    01-23-09 12:12 AM
    Good choice, I actually switched from an 8310 to a 9530 and I will never look back. Call it trendy if you like but I have owned many different crackberries and this one gets the job done just like the rest. And yes its used for my job also.

01-23-09 01:47 AM
    You can always use it for 30 days and return it if you don't like it. I like it, I have had mine since day one. OS .90 you can have qwerty in portrait.
    01-23-09 02:34 AM

Thanks
    You will feel Curve withdrawal for the first few days, maybe weeks, mostly because of the lack of physical keyboard, which was nothing short of amazing on the Curve. And you may even miss the weight and feel of the Curve, it felt just right in the hand. But you will learn to adapt to the new feel and virtual keyboard slowly.

And though it will never be the same as it once was, it will come close enough. And close enough is good enough because of everything else that comes with owning a Storm, including that big huge screen to rest your eyes on.

Looking back, you will see you that you made the right choice, even as you realize that the Curve was your first true love. Life goes on. You will learn to love again.
    01-23-09 04:50 AM
    The storm is definately worth getting. Like posted above, QUERTY is in the portrait view in version .90.

Good luck on your decision!
    01-23-09 05:00 AM
    I have had them both, go for the storm.

And for those that say the iPhone is so much better than the Storm, nope not true. I have compared them, side by side. Not a comparison of using one for a year and just picking the other up for ten minutes.
    01-23-09 07:00 AM
    Love my Curve, Storm took a couple weeks to get used to, but it is friggin awesome and it now has QWERTY in both modes.

The Bold is cool but once you get used to surfing the net on a big screen you cant go back. Not sure why the other poster said a Bold is better for business than a Storm. What does it do that the Storm does not? Nothing.
    01-23-09 07:06 AM
    My wife has a Storm and everytime I go to fix something for her, it is a nightmare for me to use..... I'll keep my Curve and the trackball.....
    01-23-09 07:07 AM
    Thanks you guys for the comments, so far so good i love my Storm its really fast and the screen is amazing.

To Be Honest i'm a bit sad i love my curve and i'm gonna give it to my girlfriend to talk more but it kind of hard to give it away my first BB love.

Just like Vdiesel says it feel different A LOT MORE DIFFERENT than the curve, The First thing i noticed when i held it on my hand i immediately felt the weight difference.

As Far as using the Storm is easy a bit hard to adjust to new QWERTY Keys at the beginning, i'm much faster when it comes to type on landscape mode than in portrait but not bad at all. A BEAUTIFUL SCREEN THATS FOR SURE, the browser amazing to see the full website not just a mobile version of it, The Camera work great when it want to since i updated the software and since is still in beta it has it issues but no complain a small price to pay for a grate phone.

Now it time to enjoy my new baby and hope it will behave well and really have fun with it i'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks Again Guys / PS for any other Storm user Tips and Tricks are appreciated
    01-24-09 12:46 AM
    Ok Guys one week now with my storm and so far i love it no matter the bugs on .90
    01-30-09 10:11 AM
    I have a Bold and love it but definitely would rather have my girlfriend's Storm.
    01-30-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD