PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!! MY WIFE AND I BOTH HAVE NEW BLACKBERRY STORMS WITH VERIZON....AND BOTH CONTINUE TO FREEZE...WE ARE RUNNING V 4.7.0.75... .HAVE BETWEEN 15-30 MB OF APP MEMORY...845 MB OF TOTAL MEMORY AVAILABLE....APPS INSTALLED INCLUDE:
    BIGTINCAN BUZZME
    APP WORLD
    GOOGLE MAPS
    IHEARTRADIO
    ITOOKTHISONMYPHONE
    POYNT
    SMSSCHEDULER
    SLACKER RADIO
    STORM TORCH
    SUPERPAGES MOBILE
    TALKLOCK
    YOUMAIL VISUAL VOICEMAIL
    YOUTUBE
    AND ALL THE STANDARD APPS...EXCLUDING VZ NAVIGATOR BECAUSE WE DELETED THEM...MY WIFE HAS FEWER APPS...BUT STILL....I AM FORCED TO DO A BATTERY PULL 3-4 TIMES A DAY!!! IT HAPPENS DOING VARIOUS THINGS...ie CHECKING SMS MESSAGES, VOICEMAILS, BROWSING INET...HAPPENS A LOT USING VIDEO CAMERA...OR WHEN GOING TO VIEW A VIDEO TAKEN ON THE PHONE!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    05-12-09 06:46 PM
    i had the same issue with mine when i first got it....welcome to the storm... When your ready give a leak or 2 a try. Theres set by step guides all over this place.
    05-12-09 07:43 PM
    There are a few guides around here also HELPING you. In the mean time Captain Capitalization you seem to be running a lot of 3rd party apps.

You probably have too many applications open in the background. Hold down the BB button/Menu key for a few seconds. A switch application screen will pop up. These tend to be all the applications currently running in the background. In the future, when existing an application like bb messenger or facebook, hit the BB menu first and scroll down to close to stop it from running. It eats up alot of your usable memory and can make your storm freeze.

Also an OS may be in order as well.
    05-12-09 07:46 PM
    The leaks really help the freezing issues. As Platinum said make sure you close any applications your not using. Delete any apps you don't use anymore. You also might want to consider getting a memory managing app or using memory cleaner (do it manually don't set it to auto run or else it will slow down the phone more). If this doesn't help a resort is to do a complete memory wipe using a program called JL cmder and reinstalling the OS. there are tutorials on this site, just search. If you not comfortable then dont do it cause you can really mess up your phone. I tried it and after I went from 25mb on average to 50mb (until i reinstalled apps and it went down to 43) but still more than enough to keep the storm fast.

I don't know why RIM didn't put more memory into their new devices, especially knowing that the App World was coming. 512mb anyone?
    05-12-09 07:54 PM
    05-12-09 10:23 PM
    HYSTERICAL!!!!!
    +1 Classic!
    05-13-09 04:59 AM
    Wel .75?
    Thats where my first point and cry is...
    05-13-09 05:23 AM
    you Need To Up Grade .75 Is Garbage Get .141!!!!!!! My Phone Never Freezes And I Have Way More Apps Than You.
    05-13-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD