When i get the Storm should i fully charge it before i use it?
    11-15-08 01:14 PM
    The reason i am asking, I heard that using it before you fully charge it,will give the battery a memory effect.(it won't stay charged long) Any info would help,Thanks.
    11-15-08 03:48 PM
    Li-ion dosn't have a memory!
    11-15-08 03:54 PM
    Li-ion dosn't have a memory!
    So i can i fire that bad boy up right out of the box and not think twice about it?
    11-15-08 04:58 PM
    So i can i fire that bad boy up right out of the box and not think twice about it?
    Depends on how much charge it has out-of-the-box........u can, just may not stay up very long!
    11-15-08 06:17 PM
    well don't you have to fully charge it the first time? like 12 hours?
    11-15-08 08:13 PM
    With these new batteries you don't really need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 08:20 PM
    Typically charging a battery at a lower rate gives you better performance out of the battery in the long run. Especially on these new batteries, Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer (RC Related). Think of a vehicle battery, if you "trickle" charge a battery, it will last longer and perform at a higher rate.

If you are that worried, by a secondary battery for your phone. Get a car charger, or purchase a charger that works off of AA batteries if needed. There are many options out there, and its pretty easy to make one up if needed.
    11-15-08 08:33 PM
    Thanks for the info
    11-15-08 08:56 PM
    Installed the new firmware (109) and it seems to show charge progress. Im also using a Sprint battery based portable charger. Charging is fast.

Some mobile phone chargers internally bias the D+ and D- of the USB connector, this lets the phone's internal charge controller set the charge current (based on the bias values present at D+ and D-). Some phones allow upto 1A of initial phase charge current. Don't know if its the case with the Storm. I tried several off shelf chargers, none work, which leads me to believe that the Storm might make use of D+ and D- to identify charge protocol. Can anyone confirm/verify this?
    Last edited by Toronzo; 02-26-09 at 02:39 PM.
    02-26-09 10:25 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD