i know that theres no possible way that anyone can confirm or give full explanations for things, but being that that the blackberry storm is going to be touch screen and runs a new OS. im just wondering, all the awesome applications out there especially on crackberry and ones that are just on different websites. will they work with the storm? im not specifically talking about programs that might not be compatibale and might need to be updated im talking about specifically all applications that might be affected because of the new touch screen, or is this an internal blackberry OS thing where its taken care of. like for instance, the iBerry application that they have that gives u different button layout to make it look like the iphone, when i get the storm i plan on downloading the iberry app. discuss. :-)
    10-10-08 09:29 PM
    You know I've always wondered why people want the iberry app on their BB? espcially since there seems to be a fine line between personal preference on who likes which one........just my opinion though
    10-11-08 09:13 AM
    i love the iberry, ive heard some bad things about it but for the most part the closest i can get to iphone i will. lol, i really don't want to switch to AT&T because i like verizon better and AT&T well...just sucks
    10-11-08 09:20 AM
    Well I'm hopin verizon is as good as people say it is (since i've never had the service and will be getting it after the merger with alltel).

And I agree with the AT&T bit. Me and the wife had Cingular/AT&T for years but they royal screwed us over a few years back because THEIR STORE made a mistake. I won't go into details because its kind of a long story, but as long as I have a choice, it won't be them
    10-11-08 09:26 AM
    The only problem i have with verizon, is that its expensive, and they are notorious for locking down phones and disabling features so they can capitalize off of there version of something such as VZ Nav, but the reason why they do these things is so that they can have more control and prevent problems and normally there phones are really good, they might not be as cool as some other phones you see on other carriers, but there phones are better quality and OS that it runs on is normally not buggy. where as when my friend had cingular, if you were to sign into the internet thing they had for ringtones, it would normally freeze the phone. but being that verizon is expensive you really get what you pay for, and they normally deliver
    10-11-08 09:30 AM
    I don't mind paying a little extra just as long as I get what I'm paying for though.

Thats the 1 thing I know I will miss from alltel. They were really the most resonable priced cell phone company (even had a sprint employee tell me this).
    10-11-08 09:33 AM
    agreed, alltel was definatly a lower price service that offered good things, they were friendly, but ive been with verizon ever since i had a cell phone, my first phone was that ****ty nokia that came with SNAKE on it, then i got the first color phone and went up from there, and ive had nothing but good experiences.
    10-11-08 09:39 AM
    Thats good to hear. I can't wait for the merger so me and the wife can get our 1st BB's (The storm of course for me and she's still deciding). And who know's, I might get the iberry app too! (better get back on topic so we don't get in trouble by the mods)
    10-11-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD