02-24-09 01:09 PM
37 12
tools
    Great points, who cares if there are no apps, a buggy and slow OS, lack of features, dozens of hardware problems, an app store that is a pipe dream, it is Sexy phone!!!!!!!!

Jesus
    March, .75, MMS? Cut&paste? Didn't think so, 0 hardware issues here, March again.

02-23-09 11:40 AM
    If its touchscreen your looking for go with the iPhone.
    Tons of apps, best browser, best media, superior hardware/software. Its overall a more solid and reliable device.

If your looking for a "business" phone ANY blackberry in the line-up will be great (excluding Storm/too buggy and slow)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 12:13 PM
    I Have Both the iPhone and the Storm.

I think if you want the best Touchscreen Smartphone Experience, the iPhone is the way to go.

If you want the best smartphone "physical keyboard" experience go with a BlackBerry.

The only real thing the Storm has over the iPhone is e-mail, and that could be worked around easily.
    02-23-09 12:16 PM
    iPhone.

I have both a Bold and an iPhone 3G, that's only because I love BlackBerries. I got rid of my Curve for the iPhone, but decided I still wanted a berry. To me, the iPhone is the best touchscreen currently available on the market. The Storm is very nice, but for me, a touchscreen is something you just touch, not push or click. If you are into the who click screen (sure press), then get the Storm. If you want a touchscreen that responds just to touch, than the iPhone is the best.
    02-23-09 12:24 PM
    Great points, who cares if there are no apps, a buggy and slow OS, lack of features, dozens of hardware problems, an app store that is a pipe dream, it is Sexy phone!!!!!!!!

Jesus
    It's kind of funny, because there was recently a study done that shows most Jesus Phone users lose interest with downloaded apps within a day. Very few apps are actually used with any degree of regularity.

And honestly, how many apps do you need that make farting noises, or something equally juvenile? Why do I care if there are 10,000 apps if 90% of them are along the lines of fart noise generators? The Storm may not have the sheer numbers, but most of the apps seem to have some actual thought behind them to be useful. So, from a quality standpoint, the Storm probably wins hands down... In terms of quantity, the Jesus Phone wins.
    02-23-09 01:09 PM
    March, .75, MMS? Cut&paste? Didn't think so, 0 hardware issues here, March again.

I know I'm guilty of it, but please don't feed the trolls. And don't even THINK about trying to cut in on my bridge selling business!
    02-23-09 01:10 PM
    02-23-09 01:45 PM
    In my next conversation on this topic, I hope you don't mind me borrowing your analysis ChuckH0308; I couldn't say it better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No problem. I just get tired of people badmouthing either one, especially when they have not used one or the other. Anyone who has used both know that they have their own strengths and weaknesses and neither is perfect. People have to decide for themselves what is most important and what works best for them.

And some people take their phones so seriously. It's just a phone folks; lighten up!
    02-23-09 06:00 PM
    Nice work!
    02-23-09 06:13 PM
    Nice work!
    Agreed, well thought out review of both phones. It always comes down to personally use and preference and which smartphones best meets your needs.
    02-24-09 09:27 AM
    I've never owned an iphone but my brother owns one so i have had the chance to play with it once in a while. Iphone has a nice interface and is very smooth and responsive. The 3rd party apps and 3g took it to another level. I've had my storm for about a month and I love it for the most part. I think once it has been out as long as the iphone and has gotten a few firmware updates and more 3rd party apps it will rival and even surpass the iphone. At this point I would say the main thing to base your choice on is the provider and believe me AT&T sucks. I have had more help from the reps at Verizon in a month that I did for the 4 years I was with at&t. Not to mention I bought my plan in Memphis and I am in Ontario Canada right now and still getting 4 bars. I can even put my network on 1XEV instead of global and still get my email pushed and texts with no problems. Call quality to the states is also good. But thats just my experience. Hope some of this helps.
    02-24-09 11:02 AM
    If you are not an enterprise user and you are not tied to Verizon, then get the iPhone. This shouldn't even be a question.
    02-24-09 01:09 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD