05-19-09 09:03 AM
63 123
tools
    I personally went to the storm from a curve and I love my storm. It is the greatest phone. I think it performs awesome. I don't think I would get another phone unless it will be the storm 2
    04-16-09 08:46 PM
    I love my Storm. I am on .122 and it's not slow not buggy it does everything I ask it too. I don't understand why so many people hate on the Storm but I could never go back to a Bold or Curve. The screen is just too sweet.

My next blackberry will be the Storm 2 without a doubt, no way I could go back to a tiny screen.
    04-18-09 01:54 PM
    I love my Storm. I am on .122 and it's not slow not buggy it does everything I ask it too. I don't understand why so many people hate on the Storm but I could never go back to a Bold or Curve. The screen is just too sweet.

My next blackberry will be the Storm 2 without a doubt, no way I could go back to a tiny screen.
    Exactly, I couldnt go back to a small screen again, and a slider keyboard would just make the storm too bulky. I also love the click screen, Ive tried iPhones, and had a WinMobile touch screen but could never tell if a key stroke registered or not.

I assume that so many that complain about this phone either hate the click screen, or are still running .75.
    04-18-09 02:36 PM
    With the Bell .122 release, a lot of the speed and bug issues have been resolved. The problem isn't so much the hardware as the OS.

It is true that the build quality has been lacking at times - for example, screens not being sealed against the glass correctly and allowing dust in.

A colleague of mine recently asked me what device would be best for him and the pros & cons of the Storm. We are both experienced IT folk - I've been in the technology arena professionally for over 20 years now, so I find it very easy to be objective when it comes to technology devices. Based on his needs, I recommended the Blackberry Bold.

RCCollins - I've seen nothing but negative posts from you in these forums - now I'm assuming you're an adult and as such made a bad device choice. I would strongly recommend you change your device to one that would be more suitable for yourself - unless you enjoy coming to these forums and griping like a teenage school girl. Either that or if your mother bought your BB for you, tell her you can't use it and you would like to swap it out - I'm sure she wouldn't be offended and would be happy if it shut up your juvenile and nauseating whinging.

Just look at this forum, nothing but:
    VERIZON UPDATE THIS MONDAY!!!!!!!!
    new hybrid os, everything runs fast as **** now!!!!!
    RIM's current build is in the .15x!!!!
    new leak today!!!!!! everything runs fast as ****, the phone is an iPhone killer now!!!!!!

Would people really be clamoring for an update if things worked as they should? People bought the Storm because what it was supposed to be, not what it is.
    Last edited by bbsean; 04-18-09 at 03:05 PM.
    04-18-09 03:03 PM
    Just look at this forum, nothing but:
    VERIZON UPDATE THIS MONDAY!!!!!!!!
    new hybrid os, everything runs fast as **** now!!!!!
    RIM's current build is in the .15x!!!!
    new leak today!!!!!! everything runs fast as ****, the phone is an iPhone killer now!!!!!!

Would people really be clamoring for an update if things worked as they should? People bought the Storm because what it was supposed to be, not what it is.
    Some may have been hoping the storm would've been the iphone killer and I think this was the case with you. On the other hand others like me bought the Storm because we like tinkering and customizing our smartphones to run exactly as we want it to. If u just like to follow the crowd and not have to think for yourself to figure things out then get the jesus phone enjoy and STOP WHINGEING!!! We're all here to report issues, learn how to fix them, and hopefully be able to contribute and help others improve their Storms. If you're not going to contribute then just go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 03:45 PM
    love mine had it since launch
    04-18-09 04:09 PM
    in a single word.....YES
    04-18-09 04:36 PM
    i have the storm and i love this piece of crap. its awsome!! you will love it.
    04-18-09 04:40 PM
    I had a Curve for almost a year, got the Storm, had it two weeks, went back to the Curve. I would never recommend that device to anyone, though I realize there are many people who love it.
    ...maybe you ought to consider returning to the Curve forms as well??? Ya think???

J/K I like to talk a little shiznit. I too had a Curve prior to the Storm, and I am glad that I made the switch. It works for some and not for others.
    04-18-09 04:49 PM
    I really enjoy mine, but I would wait till the new "official" OS comes out (always in a couple weeks lol) if I were you, unless you feel comfortable installing one of the leaks. With the stickies and all of the kind help here you should have no troubles doing so.
    ...do not say things like that!

These folks would be waiting forever and probably using dumb phones as well.
    04-18-09 04:51 PM
    I love my storm, and OP, you will definitely want to get one.
    Yea i know it has some learning curves to get through, but hey, what phone doesn't? I have used a lot of phones in the past, but each have it's pros and cons. The only two phones that i really wanted to keep were iphone and storm. I kept Storm.
    04-18-09 04:53 PM
    I'm feeling the same way, but I won't pay full retail price for one just to simply get the warranty. But I don't want to get one, get some dust or a jacked-up phone, and be out several hundred dollars.

So I'm waiting for my upgrade.
    05-17-09 11:49 AM
    Try it out first, it may not be for everyone, but to those of us who love it, it's an amazing gadget. Gets done what needs to be done and then some. But only you can decide. Good luck,

hope you love it if you try it, lol
    05-18-09 12:35 PM
    i really love my blackberry curve. and i love touch screen phones. so i figure i would love the blackberry storm. but is it really worth it? people who have one let me know if it is...
    No, it is not.
    05-18-09 12:47 PM
    Its my second BB, and Nth mobile phone. Absolutely the best PDA, and close to the best phone I've owned.

I'd buy again if I had to.

05-18-09 01:08 PM
    I am very happy with the Storm... I feel it was money well spent.
    05-18-09 01:15 PM
    i really love my blackberry curve. and i love touch screen phones. so i figure i would love the blackberry storm. but is it really worth it? people who have one let me know if it is...
    Predictably, you got a flurry of responses that range between “The Storm is garbage, and the Storm is great.” Personally speaking, I also own a BB 8830 which is, IMHO, a very nice phone. But, like so many other consumers, when it was time to upgrade to a new phone I purchased the Storm because I wanted a touch screen BB.

For me, the Storm has worked very well! I am not a technically minded guy, nor am I a “fanboy” of any certain device. What I can tell you is that my phone has not yet crashed, lagged, let me down, or failed me in any way. The email/SMS capability is fantastic, as is BB messenger. The display glass is incredible-so clear and bright. Finally, Verizon coverage is awesome. This last weekend Jennifer and I were riding our motorcycle around in southwestern Utah-gorgeous, but miles and miles of nothing. Not a place to breakdown, but with Verizon, no worries! I had coverage in some of the most desolate, beautiful places in the West…Take THAT, AT&T….

What I can also tell you is that for me, the learning curve was steep. My main beef was that I found it hard to type on this device. Gradually I began to learn the “ins and outs” of the device, and the more I play with it, the more satisfied I am as a customer! The other thing is, based on advice I found here, I installed the battery pull app. Works like a charm. About every few days I click on it and bring my memory up to full speed. No worries….

Also, if you spend a little time cruising around this DB, there are many nice folks who’ll help you out of a jam. As I mentioned earlier, I am not technically minded, so the leaked OS updates are above my pay grade. Besides, as my Uncle Pete once said, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” and my Storm is fine!

Hope you enjoy your purchase, whatever you pick up….

Best,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-18-09 01:24 PM
    did anyone go from bold to storm? im tempted for the big screen.....am i nuts?
    05-18-09 02:39 PM
    I like my storm a lot. Like others have said. You should try it out and make a decision from there. You won't know if you likes it or not until you try it
    05-18-09 03:01 PM
    Depends how much ur going to pay for it, I got mine for 150 in february. It was a decent buy, after I put work into upgrading os, fixing settings, and put a card behind the battery to make the screen click better.

05-18-09 03:02 PM
    Don't buy the Storm until an update is released. You may love it but at the same time you're going to have issues. It requires work... they've all got their own problems. If I had known VZW was going to not push out an update within a 6 month window of the Storm release I would have gotten something else. Only reason I kept the Storm past 30 days was because I was under the impression an update would be released within a reasonable time frame.

or.... wait for Storm 2.... otherwise you're just a guinea pig like the rest of us. Save your hard earned money til it's fixed.
    05-18-09 03:07 PM
    The storms a good phone. Takes a little getting use to. But well worth it. Does everything I need it to do. Did it fine on 75. Does it better with 132

05-18-09 05:59 PM
    Buy it simple lol
    05-18-09 06:09 PM
    I'd say wait it out till end of summer for now unless you really need a new phone immediately. If you loved the Curve, then I would say wait for the Tour if you're on Verizon, or grab the Bold if you're on ATT. From what I hear, the Tour's os is pretty solid so you should be pretty happy with it straight out of the box.

The Storm is a decent phone but like some have said, wait for an official update. The leaks are good (I'm on .113 and satisfied) but they are still buggy and as one beta gets better in some areas, they fail in others.

You can wait for the Storm 2 if you really want a touch screen phone and by then, they should have an official update for the Storm 1 and Storm 2. I'm assuming they will be running the same os (at least in the beginning of the Storm's 2 launch at 5.0) while the Storm 2's hardware is what will seperate it from the Storm 1.

So my final verdict is wait it out till end of summer. By then the Tour should be released, and we will hopefully have an official update either at 4.7 2xx or 5.0, and a closer idea to the release date for the Storm 2.
    05-18-09 07:33 PM
    i liked mine for the first like 2-3 months right now i'm in the process of sending my replacement phone back for ANOTHER replacement. the original storm i had was alright the screen went out on it. the storm i got replaced this wednesday had a chip in the screen when i got it and for some reason the screen is like 5 times less responsive. (yes i've changed sensitivity all that jazz) but for some reason lately i have just gotten SICK of typing on the surepress screen like i am despising this phone because its sucking so badly right now. some seem good some seem to suck. its sometimes just luck. alot of the later verizon phones have like what seems liked an almost updated version of .75 on them because i went from .141 down to .75 before i sent my original back and it just sucked bad. Now the replacement storm i was sent has .75 but runs about 100x better than my original storm did. My replacement storm on .75 felt like it was on .122 or something.
    05-18-09 07:53 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD