I got mine back in Feb. and for the first couple of weeks I was a little dissapointed as it froze on me a few times, and it lagged quite a bit. But for some reason since then I've had no problems with it. I love it now, and this is by far the best phone I've ever had. Don't know why it had the issues it did at the beginning but it works great now, and I'm still running .75. Look, for me it works great, maybe for others they would think that my phone was crap, I'm not really that high tech, and I'm not a business person looking for a good phone to use for work, I'm just a person who likes cool gadgets. I have a few apps. on it and three movies downloaded to the memory card and everything so far has worked flawlessly. Everyone talks about issues the phone has and maybe mine has them too but I don't seem to notice them. So for me the phone is great, you just have to decide why you need this phone. If you're a tech type of person then you might run into problems that you just can't get over, and if you need it for business than maybe it might not be as reliable as you would like if it freezes, or lags on you. Again I haven't had any problems since the first two weeks of owning the phone. Oh if you do get it I highly recommend you get opera mini browser, the blackberry browser can be extremely slow. The opera browser seems to be twice as fast. Enjoy if you decide to get it.
    05-18-09 08:53 PM
    I definitely would get the Storm. I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I automatically upgraded to .141 lyrics 5.0 hibrid. Wow is all I can say. Its so fast no freezing no lag. I have loads of APS. I'm a nurse and need a reliable device for my medical programs. It has taken little getting used to for the keyboard but I'm getting better everyday. Love SureType in portrait and qwerty in landscape. I'm coming from a curve and I love the big screen. Couldn't go back to a small screen again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:19 PM
    Absolutely worth it. Update the OS.

Grey
    05-18-09 09:28 PM
    Storm 2!!!!!

05-18-09 09:34 PM
    when i first got my storm i loved the look hated the performance but i have to say with crackberry i made my storm the perfect little device with an updated OS and apps and what not i love my storm although alot of people complain but if i did not have the storm and was happy with another device like you are with your curve i would probably wait for the tour looks pretty sweet seems like the perfect upgrade from a curve or you could wait for the storm 2 but no telling when the release will be other than that if you dont mind tweaking your phone with leaked OS's or anything go for the storm i love customizing things anyways so it worked out perfectly for me i have a curve as well but me having a storm that i cannot return being out my 30 day i made myself use it and researched info on crackberry and im happy as **** with the storm now = ) well good luck
    Last edited by moody6635; 05-18-09 at 10:30 PM.
    05-18-09 10:28 PM
    I definitely would get the Storm. I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I automatically upgraded to .141 lyrics 5.0 hibrid. Wow is all I can say. Its so fast no freezing no lag. I have loads of APS. I'm a nurse and need a reliable device for my medical programs. It has taken little getting used to for the keyboard but I'm getting better everyday. Love SureType in portrait and qwerty in landscape. I'm coming from a curve and I love the big screen. Couldn't go back to a small screen again.

couldn't of typed it better = )
    05-18-09 10:33 PM
    i really love my blackberry curve. and i love touch screen phones. so i figure i would love the blackberry storm. but is it really worth it? people who have one let me know if it is...
    Don't listen to these wack jobs.

You can purchase the Storm if you want, but be prepared to...

Be here everday looking for an OS upgrade. Thats what brought us all here and believe me it is very confusing and frustrating.

Pull the battery out of your phone daily or download a software that replicates a battery pull or your phone will slow to a snails crawl.

Experience frequent freezes, screen malfunctions and typing problems.

All Storms operate differently depending on Apps installed but check the site and see how many like the storm compared to how many dislike. Your answer will be in your findings.
    05-19-09 12:15 AM
    The best thing to do is buy it and try it yourself! You have 30 days. I would wait until they release the next software update but by then the strom 2 will be out.... lol!
    I would really wait though until they release some new software though because you wont be impressed by .75
    05-19-09 01:17 AM
    The storm is an ok phone. When I first got it I hated it. Random reboots,freezes all that nonsence. Started to tinker with leaked os upgraded and storm became really stable and fun to play with. But my girlfriend picked up 8900 for really cheap with mail in rebate,played with it 8900 for a day before going back to a spare dumbphone we had. Gave it to me (I switched carriers) unlocked storm so now I have both. 8900 is a vastly superior phone in many ways. I know people love their storms as I once did but storm simply not ready to be a great phone. Storms screen is beautiful. No doubt about that. Like we refer to iphone as a toy so is the storm except not nearly as fun as one. 8900/9000 are real blackberries. They do what u ask it to do efficiantly with no fuss. Yeah I loose a lot of realestate with screen size. Like I said really pretty screen on storm. And surepress also very smart on blackberries part. Like they say depends what u want in a phone but after spending a lot of time with both phones u realize how inadequate storm really is

05-19-09 05:15 AM
    I had the curve and switch to the storm and I love it

05-19-09 07:10 AM
    Don't listen to these wack jobs.

You can purchase the Storm if you want, but be prepared to...

Be here everday looking for an OS upgrade. Thats what brought us all here and believe me it is very confusing and frustrating.

Pull the battery out of your phone daily or download a software that replicates a battery pull or your phone will slow to a snails crawl.

Experience frequent freezes, screen malfunctions and typing problems.

All Storms operate differently depending on Apps installed but check the site and see how many like the storm compared to how many dislike. Your answer will be in your findings.
    I haven't pulled my battery or re-booted the phone in the past two weeks and I can't remember the last time my Storm froze, had a screen malfunction or a typing problem. You have to keep in mind that a big reason that many people come to a forum is to solve a problem. There are millions of BB users out there (all different models) that never have any trouble and have never visited this site. The Storm runs great. If you like it in the store, get one. If your not satisfied with it, return it.

Grey
    05-19-09 07:45 AM
    in my experiences you better wait a little for the storm II out ! I came from 8800 to storm and there no sorry for that but with all the infos around the net of storm II it worth for you waiting !!!! dear bro
    05-19-09 08:16 AM
    i love my storm and i just got it....had no problems at all.
    05-19-09 09:03 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD