what Accessory's will work with the new Storm? Will other models Accessory's work? What about batteries and desktop chargers will these be also available on release date?
    10-07-08 08:41 PM
    It looks like it has a mini usb port so one can assume the chargers and cables are interchangeable. As for everything else, who knows.

Sorry, meant micro usb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by apolicerecruit; 10-07-08 at 10:17 PM.
    10-07-08 09:37 PM
    I thought it had micro usb?
    10-07-08 09:52 PM
    I thought it had micro usb?
    It does. Mini usb is being phased out slowly.
    10-07-08 09:55 PM
    It looks like it has a mini usb port so one can assume the chargers and cables are interchangeable. As for everything else, who knows.

it has micro. which sucks for the 5 vpcs/devices that use the mini vpc that i own.
    10-07-08 09:56 PM
    I hope my Seidio Hardcase for my Curve fits on the Storm.

I kid.
    10-07-08 09:57 PM
    Most berries have different desktop chargers, size is similar to curve/javelin so cases for those will likely interchange.

10-07-08 09:59 PM
    I wonder if I can stretch my pearl silicone case around it? Lol

10-07-08 10:19 PM
    There are already a few accessories on ebay. I know some silicone cases are on there, but not sure on what else.
    10-07-08 10:47 PM
    That's going to suck.. I have so many motorolla chargers that worked perfect for my BB, wife's BB, and bluetooth headsets.
    10-08-08 06:58 AM
    yup, I must have 5 or 6 different charger options between BB and Motorola all over my house and car. and also a spare batt for my Curve. this is gonna suck
    10-08-08 07:26 AM
    Yeah. My Motorola charger & this Curve I have now work together perfectly.

Guess that's a big "NO" on the Storm, if my cruddy old-school chargers from 3 years ago won't work on it.

Riiight. I think once I have a Storm in the house, the last thing on my mind is going to be "wow, this sucks because now I have to throw out all these old chargers and get with the times".
    10-08-08 08:03 AM
    Luckily my LG Glimmer uses the micro usb so I already have plenty of chargers
    10-08-08 09:39 AM
    I hope my Seidio Hardcase for my Curve fits on the Storm.

I kid.

I hope that Seidio will began to make accessories sooner than later! I have been checking that site lately, under "coming soon" and haven't seen the Storm listed. Hopefully with this announcement, they will began to make some very nice stuff!
    10-08-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD