I have had the opportunity to see two separate Storm 9530's torn down to the actual click mechanism and the actual button was designed differently between the two models.

First model Manufactured in December of 2008 in Mexico had a round flat button. (Speaking of the actual metal button beneath the screen). Deep sounding click with issues in the corners.

Second model Manufactured in January of 2009 in Canada had a 2 tier "pointed" button. This phone clicked very shallow but progressively in the middle and all corners.

Just found this interesting as the actual hardware of the "click" has changed with manufacturing. I am sorry I have no photos to back this up as neither device were mine but I can assure that the difference was there.
    01-26-09 04:01 PM
    No pictures, no point in posting. Next.
    01-26-09 04:03 PM
    If anyone happens to have a couple of phones around with no fear of voiding the warranty this can be easily confirmed. I have no doubt in the coming days/weeks someone will confirm this with pictures.
    01-26-09 04:04 PM
    you cant take a picture of something if you dont own it?

appreciate the post, though - wonder if its an upgrade??????????????
    01-26-09 04:05 PM
    I myself didn't care for either click, the original phone made in Mexico with the single tier button had a lot of depth to it and actually produced the audible clicking sound which added some satisfaction to the click for me. While the Canadian phone with the two tier button had a more even click throughout the entire screen is produced no sound after a click had been registered and was a lot more shallow. A mixture of the two would be in my favor at least. I didn't have a phone with me to take any pictures and both of the other phones were apart so it was one of those scenarios where a camera would have really helped.
    01-26-09 04:09 PM
    I've had four STORMs personally, and had my hands on at least 6 others. This issue is out there, and some Authorized Retailers are still selling 9530's with the "corner click" issue possibly because the warehouse is not being proactive, & replacing, or fixing them. I think Verizon should get this resolved ASAP, I don't think there wasn't a 'so called' 50% return on Storm's during launch only because of software... hardware makes a huge difference. I have swapped all my 9530's that had issues with newly manufactured click, now it works effortlessly.
    Last edited by randydufour; 01-27-09 at 08:11 AM.
    01-27-09 08:06 AM
    I can confirm a hardware change has occurred between the original models launched in November and those built in January.
    01-27-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD