Hey Guyz

Yesterday, while browsing on app world and tried to register through my phone, everything went black. Since then I cant activate my pnone. while pressing the red button it makes the right noise, flashes the vodafone logo for a sec and then a backlight lid black screen appears.

I tried to reload the OS, wiped my handlet, pulled battery out for like a million times but nothing worked. I even used the reset method without the battery inside as sb suggested in another thread

When I pulled out my sim card, the phone initializes like a charm and I can do stuff, but if I switch it off it never comes back

ANYMORE IDEAS.....Im this close to throw it out the window

*we had a development to the previous issue. Apparently the pnone started up when I set sim card to initialize without pin number request but it will stay unresponsive when screen goes black..... Im loosing it bit by bit

Blackberry storm 9500 Vodafone Greece OS 5.00.484 (not sure about 484)

*Finally problem solved Only thing that worked so far is loading the 4.7 OS. Phone works fine now, dont really know what's wrong though. I suspect that it has something to do with the lock button, since previously phone looked locked when working under 5.0 OS

Hope that helps guys !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by alxgone; 02-17-11 at 04:13 PM. Reason: solved problem
    02-15-11 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD