I really need help!! I got the blackberry storm 12 days ago and I like it. It is fun to use but the screen is very anooying the locking feature is very slow. When i put the phone in my pocket and expect it to lock instantly like my lg dare it does not happen. I have needed to pull the battery out the phone at least 10 times since I had i to fix the freezing problem and i do have the stable verison of firmware .132 on it. I hear that the blackberry storm 2 is coming out in September. The atlas and tour are going to come out in July. I need someone's opinion if I should take it back and just wait untill one of the new blackberries come out because I text a lot and I type extremely fast that most phones take time to catch up with me! So what should i do??
    05-17-09 06:21 PM
    disable the memory clean on locking... thatll speed it up
    05-17-09 06:30 PM
    ^^ nice handle :}

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 06:41 PM
    the phone locks instantly even though it might now show on the screen.

As for reboots, if you have 132 and are experiencing reboots try 141 and see if that works better.
    05-17-09 06:44 PM
    The storm locks immediately ones you press the lock button. As for the Storm 2 coming out, there is no real news just a lot of rumors. The only model that seem to be coming out this year is the Tour, but it is not confirmed. In fact RIM have not confirmed that the Tour actually officially exist.

If you need to have a physical keyboard then the curve or the Tour might be for you. But if you find that the the storm`s surepress technology is suite you then so much the better.
    05-17-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD