08-16-10 09:18 AM
28 12
tools
    So ive never been able to see youtube videos on my storm ?! Ive downloaded apps used the mobile site and turned on the javascript and everything and nothing works.. I click on the video and it just doesnt load. Black screen and nothing happens and I exit and im back to youtube. It doesnt even try to load just stays at a blackscreen and it seems like Ive tried everything thanks guys

Brice,
    08-14-10 12:49 PM
    Maybe your browser I'd needs to be changed. Or maybe you have a bad 3g connection... I dunno, just takin a shot in the dark here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 12:54 PM
    Im using the BB browser.. I wanna be able to use it for youtube? and I have wifi and 3g on
    08-14-10 12:57 PM
    If you're expecting quality youtube on a blackberry, you will be sadly disappointed.
    08-14-10 12:59 PM
    I've never experienced this problem. Which OS are you using? Hybrid?

08-14-10 01:00 PM
    5.0.0713 . No hybrid
    08-14-10 01:04 PM
    Have you tried downloading the app from appworld called "Player for Youtube?" Try this, I've heard good things about the program. If it still doesn't work, search the forums for a thread called "Youtube optimization" or something of that sort. Its a thread with a mobile link and instruction for optimizing the quality of the HQ video on your bb

08-14-10 01:08 PM
    Yes ive tried the app but still no luck.. Ill try that thoough
    08-14-10 01:17 PM
    It says loading for youtube then just black screen .. I have nothing else left . I dont know what else there is to do
    08-14-10 01:20 PM
    So ive never been able to see youtube videos on my storm ?! Ive downloaded apps used the mobile site and turned on the javascript and everything and nothing works.. I click on the video and it just doesnt load. Black screen and nothing happens and I exit and im back to youtube. It doesnt even try to load just stays at a blackscreen and it seems like Ive tried everything thanks guys

Brice,
    Brice! As another posted I don't think you're getting it. On your browser, click the BB key. Go to options. Then browser config. And on browser ID change it to blackberry and then reload youtube. Try that. What I do is leave it on firefox but on the address I type m.youtube.com not just youtube.com. When you put the "m" it takes you to the mobile site

08-14-10 01:49 PM
    Another option. In app world download an app called player for youtube. With that app you can play HD youtube videos as default. Sometimes the BB media player messes up with streaming media

08-14-10 01:58 PM
    Ive done both, changed from firefox to blackberry browser under option and went to the mobile site for both and still just black screen and stops loading. im downloading the app now
    08-14-10 02:37 PM
    The app even brings up an error saying to check connections then I troubleshoot and says it can't stream. I know my connections are fine

08-14-10 02:46 PM
    Hmmm. Did you try resending your books?

08-14-10 05:20 PM
    yes. Its like the feature for streaming was done by my carrier. I can still save/open videos from other sites just seems like youtubes disable and its annoying. Ive even called my carrier and they dont know
    08-14-10 09:42 PM
    Hey Bricew,

i face the same problem as you. I think it might have to do with your carrier. I am overseas and maybe the youtube stream gets blocked in some way....

Smiler51
    08-15-10 12:28 AM

Brice,

It's not just you. Mine doesn't work either unless I turn wifi off. No idea, why. There was a thread about this subject not long ago if you're curious.
    08-15-10 03:08 AM
    Ya well I woyldny wanna use data anyway so there's no point for me . I need just wifi to work if anything. I hate this problem

08-15-10 03:10 PM
    If you are having problems with your device then exchange it

08-15-10 03:18 PM
    I know the telus 9530 and other bb's on telus in canada are having trouble watching youtube videos for a month now. Telus claims its youtube that updated something and it wont work anymore and their engineers have tried to fix it but cant so were out of luck.
    08-15-10 03:56 PM
    jeez same with my live messanger .. doesnt work because of some updates make it so its unusable on the storm 2's.
    08-15-10 04:07 PM
    I'm on Bell and I had the same problem but I go it to work. All you have to do is take off your Wi-Fi on your phone, and videos start to work.

It's ********.
    08-15-10 04:22 PM
    Have yall tried going to m.youtube.com in opera mini. Its really fast and you can watch HQ videos through it.

08-15-10 11:32 PM
    Have yall tried going to m.youtube.com in opera mini. Its really fast and you can watch HQ videos through it.

Um no you cant watch youtube with OM. As soon as you click watch it will still open in the native browser.
    08-16-10 12:14 AM
    Yea and then the video plays....and you can watch high quality videos. So um yes you can....I was giving these ppl some other options here buddy. Yes it just loads a link in the native browser BC that's the only way it can open the videos in the native BB media player.So move along Mr know it all.

08-16-10 12:38 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD