Well, long story inc, I got a 3 year contract with a Motorola Phone, and it broke, so I got a cheap little phone to last me Till February 2011 for my contract to end, But that one broke last week. So I go down to my Carrier, and I'm about to just get a loaner phone, when I mention to the guy, about me switching over to a Blackberry Storm 2 Come February, and he tells me, that the Storm 2 Is coming out for this Carrier sometime within the next two weeks.

So I ask him when my contract ends, and he tells me, February 4th 2011, and I ask whats the earliest he would let me renew my contract, and he tells me, that he could renew my contract that very day if I stay with the Carrier ( I knew there was a bit of a time before the contract ended, didn't expect it to be so soon!

So he told me that once he gets the Storm 2 in stock, he'll give me a call, and I can go run down there, and pick up, my long awaited Storm 2!

I'm so excited, I've wanted a Blackberry Storm for so long, and now I get the Storm 2. It's my first Smartphone and I'm pumped right up, to get this beautiful machine.
    07-08-10 01:08 PM
    Welcome to the club!
    07-08-10 01:14 PM
    Welcome! I know the feeling... I did the same thing 1 1/2 years ago when I got the orignal Storm!
    07-08-10 01:25 PM
    Its an addiction. Enroll in the 12 step program now and get it out of the way!
    07-08-10 01:25 PM
    Broke my Storm 3-days ago and am totally bummed out.
    07-08-10 02:43 PM
    I read somewhere, Storm2 is one of the list of phones eligible for OS6 upgrade!

Not storm1...sorry.
    07-08-10 09:43 PM
    Welcome to the club!
    There's a member by the name of grey whose signature says it best: this phone is outstanding!
    07-09-10 12:02 AM
    I'm getting so excited for this phone, anything I should be aware of when I get it? or what to do first with it? I'll probably just jump right in to the Appworld
    07-09-10 12:10 PM
    Congratulations in your decision. The Storm 2 is an amazing device !!! Your going to be very pleased.
    07-09-10 12:12 PM
    As always, it depends on what you need and what you value. But with all the amazing devices out there, I'm surprised anyone's first choice is a BBS2.
    07-09-10 12:58 PM
    I can't say you should do this but I would revert the OS from .713 to .607 first thing.

Other than that, just dig it. Contrary to what bunches of people--who have never used one--will tell you, it is a great phone.
    NO NO NO, 607 is crap! Stay with 713 or if you have to go down, go to 517
    07-09-10 01:09 PM
    I can't say you should do this but I would revert the OS from .713 to .607 first thing.

Other than that, just dig it. Contrary to what bunches of people--who have never used one--will tell you, it is a great phone.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE with this...607 had been flawless on my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 01:16 PM
    I'm getting so excited for this phone, anything I should be aware of when I get it? or what to do first with it? I'll probably just jump right in to the Appworld
    First rule of Appworld... don't use Appworld.

Seriously, the customer service sucks and it takes much longer for developers to roll out updates.

Use Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store instead. They also have an app store you can download to your device.
    07-09-10 05:59 PM
    I think you will very pleased with the Storm2.

I know you're getting conflicting suggestions on the OS but my .703 is working fine.

Good Luck
    07-09-10 07:59 PM
    I think you will very pleased with the Storm2.

I know you're getting conflicting suggestions on the OS but my .703 is working fine.

Good Luck
    +1
    .713 is working great for me.
    Welcome. Enjoy your S2.
    Don't let all the whining and ******** on this forum put you off.
    07-09-10 08:23 PM
    Whats likely to happen, is I'll just stick around with .713, and if worse comes to work, or I am unhappy, I could just downgrade and try that out to.

Thanks for the input guys.
    07-10-10 12:38 AM
    713 is working perfectly. Every official upgrade bring us closer to os6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 01:07 AM
    The storm 2 is a good choice for a bb device. Hope you enjoy it
    07-10-10 01:27 AM
    In the town I live in, we have 3 stores for the Carrier I'm with, and one of those 3 is advertising the Storm 2 coming out tomorrow! So hopefully the store that I ordered from will get it either tomorrow, or Monday.

So pumped!
    07-10-10 02:33 PM
    In the town I live in, we have 3 stores for the Carrier I'm with, and one of those 3 is advertising the Storm 2 coming out tomorrow! So hopefully the store that I ordered from will get it either tomorrow, or Monday.

So pumped!
    How much is the storm2 worth now? for a 2 year contract?

If you ask me, I really really hope price of storm2 drop till bottom and some kind soul who jump ship will be kind enough to sell his/her storm2 away to me! I want to get it for my gf.
    07-10-10 03:36 PM
    The Storm 2 I'm getting costs me nothing for a 3 year contract, and about 80$ a month, for those 3 years,
    07-11-10 03:00 AM
    The Storm 2 I'm getting costs me nothing for a 3 year contract, and about 80$ a month, for those 3 years,
    That is so expensive!!! Not the phone, I mean 80 per mth plan. Is that unlimited data? or calls?
    07-11-10 03:12 AM
    Yeah, it's kind of pricey, It's normally just 58$ a month but I have Unlimited Texting, which adds another 5 a month, Unlimited Internet, another 5, I have a "Top 5" thing for another 5. My contract is weird, it's not a set bundle, I choose a bunch of features, and they give it to me.

I have unlimited calls after 6pm, and if I call anyone who's with the same Carrier I get free calls to them. Otherwise, it's Free Calls after 6pm and on Weekends.
    Last edited by JamCram; 07-11-10 at 12:08 PM.
    07-11-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD