I have the blackberry storm 2..been using it for months.now the device all of a sudden keeps freezing on me all the time..whenever i try and click on a tab it freezes for like 10 seconds or so b4 it opens up..anyone else have this issue any solutions would help???
    07-15-10 08:11 PM
    I have the blackberry storm 2..been using it for months.now the device all of a sudden keeps freezing on me all the time..whenever i try and click on a tab it freezes for like 10 seconds or so b4 it opens up..anyone else have this issue any solutions would help???
    What is your available application memory?

What OS are you running?

Are there any programs running in the background?

Have you tried a battery pull?
    07-15-10 08:28 PM
    Although I no longer have the storm2, have you done the tried and true battery pull? When in doubt pull the battery.
    07-15-10 08:28 PM
    Hold down the menu button for a second and look at running apps. If you are using the (back arrow) escape key to close apps some won't. Use menu- close or menu-shut down to close apps. My curve has 4 that do not close. Browser, mail, phone and home. Bbm also won't close. Gmz has it almost right. When in doubt, pull it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 08:34 PM
    Everything I learned I got from these guys. Still have a storm2 in the family so I enjoy coming here to learn more.
    07-15-10 08:41 PM
    I have the same problem at times . All I do is hold end call button for few seconds and it un freezes usual . If it doesn't just do quick check of what apps are open and close them . Clean up the inbox too helps me . If all else fails do a battery pull .

07-15-10 08:45 PM
    yea i had way too many apps open..thanx.. easy fix..much appreciated
    07-15-10 08:48 PM
    Download Quick Pull app and set it for the middle of the night. Fresh Storm every morning. I went months without a battery pull although it is good to do it about once a week anyway. And this was on a Storm1. It also will reset when you get down to certain (settable) app memory level.
    07-15-10 09:06 PM
    No need for QuickPull with the Storm2. Just decent app managment.

07-15-10 09:23 PM
    Gotta love a story with a happy ending. Thanks for getting back to us with the results. Keep on posting!

07-16-10 12:22 AM
    This is what I call a true multi-tasking s2.

07-16-10 01:09 AM
    Keep your phone fresh and clean it out once a week.

-Clear caches from browser and apps
    -Clear event logs
    -Clean memory
    -Hard reset
    -Erase unwanted messages/call log
    07-16-10 01:16 AM
    Excellent point Cyber. I have a submenu set up in Quicklaunch that hits most what you suggested. It gets run a few times a month. I'm going to add a link to the browser and Opera to remind me to clear the cache and History as that's an easy one to forget. Now if I can only find the time to delete all those blinkin emails. I'm sitting at 940 right now.
    07-16-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD