Hey,

so i have an unlocked blackberry storm 2 9550 (as you probably already know ) which is from Verizon.... but im using it with Fido in Canada .

Now the connection is alright, i can make phone calls, text and whatnot... however i purchased a data plan (the 500 mb blackberry data plan) from fido.

Whenever i use it... its MUCH slower than what you would anticipate, its as if its on 2g... it took almost 45 seconds to load google :S. So my question is, why wont it accept 3g?

i already tried going into options > mobile networks and forcing it to 3g... but then it wouldn't connect at all :S.

So does anyone know any steps to figure out HOW i would make this internet go faster? or go on the 3g network... Your welcome to checkout fido's addon pages. im paying for the 25 dollar 500 mb data addon package.

Fido | Data Add-ons - Mobile Internet

Thanks for all your help
    10-05-10 06:17 PM
    you wont get 3g ever. you have 2g and that would be it. you should have probably researched this before buying the device
    10-05-10 06:24 PM
    You're SOL. The Storm 9550 doesn't support the frequency for North American 3G
    10-05-10 06:36 PM
    Weird. gsmarena says it uses the 1900 mhz frequency.... and fido says they use that for Canada as well...

Fido | Coverage and Roaming - FAQ

Could you possibly explain where im going wrong? is there another frequency for data?

Thanks
    10-05-10 09:24 PM
    Weird. gsmarena says it uses the 1900 mhz frequency.... and fido says they use that for Canada as well...

Fido | Coverage and Roaming - FAQ

Could you possibly explain where im going wrong? is there another frequency for data?

Thanks
    If you want 3G on the 1900MHz band you need the 9520 (which also does 850MHz). The 9550 does 3G on the 2100MHz band.
    10-05-10 09:43 PM
    Mann, allright :P Thanks for your help!
    10-05-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD