Hey guys, every time i try and open the Blackberry media sync program in the DM, it starts to download than the Desktop Manager freezes and "Unexpectedly" shuts down says Windows. It gets to the last few kb's than BAM! Stops working. How do i fix this?
    01-22-09 02:42 PM
    try running desktop manager as administrator. that could work. and also make sure that auto allow mass media storage is on
    01-22-09 02:48 PM
    try running desktop manager as administrator. that could work. and also make sure that auto allow mass media storage is on
    It seems to be a problem with the program itself, not involving the phone. I tried it without my phone plugged in and still got the error
    01-22-09 03:00 PM
    Yah i just tried it again with MS on and it still did it. Its weird because i did it on my lap top, than tried it on my desk top and the exact same error. Im pretty sure i am the administrator as well...
    01-22-09 03:01 PM
    What im sayin is go to the icon on the desktop and right click it and select run as administrator. Is that what you did?
    01-22-09 03:21 PM
    I have a different/kinda the same problem with the media sync, if I run as adminstrator it does not connect my bb, but if I do it normally it connects but does not sync. Any suggestions?
    01-22-09 04:20 PM
    What im sayin is go to the icon on the desktop and right click it and select run as administrator. Is that what you did?
    Just tried that, and the same thing happened.
    01-23-09 11:47 AM
    I have the exact same issue on two different computers. I'm running as an administrator on both as well. I have no idea what the problem is, but I wish we could get it fixed. I do use Roxio without any problems though.
    01-23-09 12:34 PM
    I have the exact same problem. Vista - during install the system popped up with some kind of problem with Roxio - anybody out there know how to fix this?
    02-21-09 12:07 PM
    yeah had the same problem but if you got the blackberry site you can download media sync separately. have not had any problems . here is the link

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    02-21-09 12:43 PM
    ARE YOU using windows 7
    02-21-09 12:44 PM
    P..S. you dont need to open DM to use it since it is seprate.
    02-21-09 12:49 PM
    No still on vista
    02-21-09 12:49 PM
    have you tired to turn on mass storeage
    02-21-09 12:56 PM
    on the phone yes when it asks
    02-21-09 01:02 PM
    Hi Fellow Media Syncer's! Here is what I did, you can try and figure what the actual fix was.
    1) Downloaded fresh version from link provided in earlier post.
    2) Disconnected BB from PC
    3) installed new version of MS (1.1.0.27)
    4) Right clicked on the icon in the program folder and set it to run as administrator
    5) same for desktop manager
    6) connected BB to PC
    7) entered password on PC and BB
    8) started MS from DM
    9) entered password again
    10) MS recognized BB and let me get to the playlists!! YAY!

Thank you all for the help and guidance, it worked!!
    03-19-09 07:06 PM
    I still have problems trying to run as administrator. I keep getting the error that says, "BlackBerry Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have DM 4.7, latest Media Sync, and iTunes 8.1.0.52. I'm running XP with SP2 and it's never worked for me.
    03-26-09 07:08 AM
    I still have problems trying to run as administrator. I keep getting the error that says, "BlackBerry Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have DM 4.7, latest Media Sync, and iTunes 8.1.0.52. I'm running XP with SP2 and it's never worked for me.
    Same here. Running the updated media sync on Vista Ultimate 64, well, trying to run it.
    03-26-09 08:05 AM
    More of the same here.

Running MS 2.0 on XP SP3, WMP 11

On launch, I get the "loading playlists" screen for several minutes followed by the "BlackBerry Media Sync has encountered a problem..." termination message.

Microsoft .Net is loaded and works fine with other programs. Any other suggestions?

--N.B. my Windows Media files reside on a server on my home network.
    03-26-09 01:09 PM
    I too had the issue when starting the latest Media Sync 2.0 that it would error out with the message that Blackberry Media Sync has encountered an error... I called AT&T and they patched me through to RIM Tech Support, and the long and the short of it was that I had to remove Media Sync from the computer, reboot the PC, and then download a new version of Media Sync from the Blackberry website. Did that and it works perfectly. I had initially let the Desktop Manager update Media Sync, and I believe that was the root cause of the problem because for some reason it didn't download the entire file or was corrupted in some manner. But wiping things out and reloading from scratch fixed it right up... Good Luck.
    03-26-09 02:12 PM
    Turk - I cannot find an uninstall icon, so I used Add/Remove program. However, when I go to reinstall, the installer says the program is already installed and asks if I want to refresh.

(fresh download, btw)

I say yes. It appears to reinstall, relaunch and....failure.

Did you have the same experience uninstalling?
    03-27-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD