Has anyone tried to sync your itunes music onto the Storm? Everytime I try it I get an error message. Onetime I tried to sync my downloaded or purchased music it would not allow them to sync. What good is it if I can't sync with the music I purchased? I did pay the money for the songs.

Any ideas?
    11-22-08 07:42 AM
    ask apple. they're the ones that "protected" the music you paid for.
    11-22-08 07:46 AM
    Point well made. I was just hoping there was a way to get around it.
    11-22-08 07:49 AM
    burn your songs to a CD/DVD, than upload again into ITUNES. should work
    11-22-08 07:52 AM
    Thanks I will give that a try.
    11-22-08 09:11 AM
    If I remember correctly iTunes puts the songs into it's own"special" formatt. You will probably have to convert your songs to mp3 format and that should allow them to sync. The is a way to do that within iTunes. I had the same problem with my Treo.

Burning to a CD will do the trick also.
    11-22-08 09:14 AM
    I think someone mentioned that you can use a program to do a fake cd burn. That way you dont have to waste CDs. I saw it a couple days ago in this forum- try doing a search.
    11-22-08 09:32 AM
    I think someone mentioned that you can use a program to do a fake cd burn. That way you dont have to waste CDs. I saw it a couple days ago in this forum- try doing a search.
    doubleTwist
    doubleTwist | Home Page
    11-22-08 09:35 AM
    I was able to use BB Media Sync to transfer all unprotected music to the Storm from the iTunes I have on my computer. The only problem I have encountered is that it did not transfer any of my playlists (which is a pain!)

Media Sync specifically says it will transfer the playlists. Any ideas why it didn't?

Thanks! And I'm lovin' this Storm!
    11-22-08 11:01 AM
    I'm having the same trouble. It says it sync's, but it only takes like a second, and I know it didn't sync. I would like to have anytime I add a picture or song to the computer, and then I sync......that it puts it on my storm????
    11-22-08 02:06 PM
    Weird. Mine transferred just fine. In mediasync on the bottom of the box there's a dropdown that says something like "show playlists" or something like that. make sure your playlists are checked in that dropdown and see if that works.
    11-22-08 02:29 PM
    Mine has a dropdown for iTunes, but I'm using the VZ music, and media manager. When you try to check boxes, it doesn't allow you to
    11-22-08 02:48 PM
    Weird. Mine transferred just fine. In mediasync on the bottom of the box there's a dropdown that says something like "show playlists" or something like that. make sure your playlists are checked in that dropdown and see if that works.
    Thanks jh. I didn't realize that I had to check each box. I re-synced and all the play lists transferred.

Rich

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 03:20 PM
    I checked all the boxes but it still will not transfer any messages I purchased online through itunes. It will transfer all the music I converted from CD's.
    11-22-08 04:42 PM
    I checked all the boxes but it still will not transfer any messages I purchased online through itunes. It will transfer all the music I converted from CD's.
    That sounds about right. It won't transfer any music purchased through iTunes due to DRM. When you buy iTunes files, you don't actually buy the right to play them on any device you want. (Edit: although I think their new iTunes+ files do not have DRM restrictions, but not too sure on that).

For future music purchases, I recommend purchasing from Amazon. Their mp3s are high quality, DRM-free, and will automatically be added to iTunes (thus syncing to your Storm without problems).
    Last edited by buxleyp; 11-22-08 at 06:56 PM.
    11-22-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD