04-28-10 09:33 AM
26 12
tools
    This is SORT of storm related, if not, i'm apologizing ahead of time for not posting in "off topic" forum.

About a month ago, i went to radio shack... Found what i needed and while i was checking out I noticed that all the employees behind the counter had a Blackberry logo lanyard around their neck that held their name tag on, keys, etc. I asked where I could purchase one in the store, and the guy was like "Oh, well we got a box of them in the back... I think I have one more left, let me check..." He left for a minute and then I BS'd with the other employee about my Storm.... the 1st guy came back and handed me the lanyard and I said "Cool, how much?" and he told me I was all set.

Cool, real cool! That made my day.

and a second story about Lanyards,

I was at the verizon store (for whatever reason) and saw that one of the tech guys had a Storm lanyard.... same deal, i asked him where i could get one of THOSE and he pretty much just said "Sure, let me get right on that", stared at me for a few seconds, and then said they had no more left. Idiots.... anyway, i'm still happy with my plain-jain BB Lanyard.

10 post count to post images? Oh. Well heres a "not link" if you want to take a look,
    hxxp://picasaweb.google.com/topher227/Random
    02-23-09 08:01 AM
    Ooooo I want one lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:43 AM
    Motorola had a very nice lanyard for the StarTac phone many years ago. I had one and it clipped right on the phone.

I liked it very much and was very handy when sitting for long periods or on the road. That was long before BlueTooth headsets.

If there was a nice one available for the Storm I would get it.

Gadget
    02-23-09 09:44 AM
    I got one for buying some tickets from a concert that was sponsored by Blackberry, not sure where it is.
    02-23-09 09:51 AM
    they were given out at vzw corporate stores for employees to wear during storm launch. I have like 4-5 of them laying around and 2-3 of the storm polo shirts.
    02-23-09 11:11 AM
    is there anywhere on the storm it can be placed...???
    02-23-09 11:20 AM
    I got a blackberry pen with the word blackberry and curve on it when a vzw rep came in to do a presentation for us...it's nice but I dont have a curve....still like the blackberry on it though
    02-23-09 11:21 AM
    is there anywhere on the storm it can be placed...???
    I thought a lanyard for the Storm would be great for my wife, then she'd be more opt to carry it with her more. There's a nice pocket for it on her purse, but she doesn't carry that around with her at work. Where do women carry their Storms?
    02-23-09 11:54 AM
    I thought a lanyard for the Storm would be great for my wife, then she'd be more opt to carry it with her more. There's a nice pocket for it on her purse, but she doesn't carry that around with her at work. Where do women carry their Storms?
    i put my in my jacket pocket.... but if there was the lanyard where would you put it in the storm
    02-23-09 11:58 AM
    i put my in my jacket pocket.... but if there was the lanyard where would you put it in the storm
    Hmm, when she does wear one, and when it does have (real) pockets, they're those little bitty pockets that can maybe hold a stick of gum.
    02-23-09 12:12 PM
    well i cant find anywhere to put it on my storm
    02-23-09 12:20 PM
    well i cant find anywhere to put it on my storm
    Something tells me they're not talking about a lanyard FOR the Storm, but rather one that is advertising the Storm that you could put your keys, or a name tag on. These were popular about 10 years ago and kids would let them hang out of their pockets to display to their friends.
    02-23-09 01:28 PM
    The one I have is for my keys - take a look at the pic. lol.

I do know that a lot of phones used to have that slot that you could put a lanyard onto it.... like on digital cameras, same thing... but since nobody ever used that slot they finally took it out...

And im not a chick but i don't put my storm in my pocket - i work in landscaping/maintenance and i would probably crack the screen in a day... so i use the OEM belt clip... works good. Also got a bestskinever and no scratches...
    02-23-09 01:49 PM
    I have about 20 of those. Refuse to wear one.
    02-23-09 01:57 PM
    02-23-09 01:59 PM
    Same thing, except mine has a different clip...
    02-23-09 02:06 PM
    Topher, are you a woman? Lol if so its prob why you got it for free

This is SORT of storm related, if not, i'm apologizing ahead of time for not posting in "off topic" forum.

About a month ago, i went to radio shack... Found what i needed and while i was checking out I noticed that all the employees behind the counter had a Blackberry logo lanyard around their neck that held their name tag on, keys, etc. I asked where I could purchase one in the store, and the guy was like "Oh, well we got a box of them in the back... I think I have one more left, let me check..." He left for a minute and then I BS'd with the other employee about my Storm.... the 1st guy came back and handed me the lanyard and I said "Cool, how much?" and he told me I was all set.

Cool, real cool! That made my day.

and a second story about Lanyards,

I was at the verizon store (for whatever reason) and saw that one of the tech guys had a Storm lanyard.... same deal, i asked him where i could get one of THOSE and he pretty much just said "Sure, let me get right on that", stared at me for a few seconds, and then said they had no more left. Idiots.... anyway, i'm still happy with my plain-jain BB Lanyard.

10 post count to post images? Oh. Well heres a "not link" if you want to take a look,
    hxxp://picasaweb.google.com/topher227/Random
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:21 PM
    No. I would be the other one. Lmao.

And i was in my dirty work clothes so there is no way even a gay employee would want t..... yeah i'm just going to stop there.
    02-23-09 02:26 PM
    everyone wants one and those of us who get them and are asked to wear them hate them nice if you are in the wichita ks area let me know i have some left
    02-23-09 02:27 PM
    This is just not fair. Verizon gives away free stuff and Telus gives away free headaches.
    02-23-09 02:32 PM
    If we didnt give away some of it our back rooms would explode
    02-23-09 02:34 PM
    I have a million charms that I used on my old Pearl. I would like to use some of them on my Storm, but can't find a place to "loop it" on my Storm. Anyone know?
    03-04-09 12:15 AM
    Hmmm that is very interesting. I'll check my radio shack and see what's up.
    03-04-09 12:21 AM
    The one I have is for my keys - take a look at the pic. lol.

I do know that a lot of phones used to have that slot that you could put a lanyard onto it.... like on digital cameras, same thing... but since nobody ever used that slot they finally took it out...

And im not a chick but i don't put my storm in my pocket - i work in landscaping/maintenance and i would probably crack the screen in a day... so i use the OEM belt clip... works good. Also got a bestskinever and no scratches...
    Thats kinda a funny. Your the first person I run into thats in landscaping that has a storm. Im in landscaping also and I also use the oem belt clip and a Invisible Shield on it.
    03-04-09 12:42 AM
    Hi!

Sorry for digging this thread out but I'm currently residing outside USA but I'm really interested in getting the lanyard! Anyone knows where I can get it online? So willing to sell to me cheap? Thx!
    03-19-10 12:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD