got my Storm!! at Verizon store I was told the blackberry holsters were recalled. Anyone else getting this info?
    11-21-08 07:46 AM
    I was told the same thing at VZW. Best Buy, however, was ready to sell them last night. Maybe they didn't hear yet...
    11-21-08 07:48 AM
    Which holsters?
    11-21-08 08:05 AM
    If you're talkin about the leather pouch then I got one and they mentioned no such thing.
    11-21-08 08:10 AM
    11-21-08 08:13 AM
    The plastic ones under accessories
    11-21-08 08:13 AM
    the leather one on the site
    11-21-08 08:18 AM
    The plastic ones under accessories
    Oh really? In another thread, the OP stated that the leather holster with magnetic latch was recalled. But you are referring to the plastic snapping clasp?
    11-21-08 08:18 AM
    no i was referring to the leather holster with mag latch....damn wonder why they were recalled
    11-21-08 08:28 AM
    It's actually the plastic holster. At the store I got mine from they said the holster was recalled but they were selling the leather pouches. So based on that, I'd assume it's the plastic holster.
    11-21-08 08:33 AM
    It's actually the plastic holster. At the store I got mine from they said the holster was recalled but they were selling the leather pouches. So based on that, I'd assume it's the plastic holster.
    Leather pouches? The pouches are different than the holsters.

As far as I know it, there is a leather pouch (which breaks buttons), a leather holster (no reported problems), and the plastic holster (which apparently is being recalled).
    11-21-08 08:41 AM
    I THINK you got it?!?!
    11-21-08 08:43 AM
    Be careful with the leather pouch. Mine almost ripped the end key off already...
    11-21-08 08:44 AM

As far as I know it, there is a leather pouch (which breaks buttons), a leather holster (no reported problems), and the plastic holster (which apparently is being recalled).
    On the package itself, it says leather POUCH. But it is indeed a holster because it has a clip.
    11-21-08 08:45 AM
    On the package itself, it says leather POUCH. But it is indeed a holster because it has a clip.
    $hit. I ordered the leather holster through telesales for a discount. I hope they don't make it difficult for me to return it.
    11-21-08 08:58 AM
    i was told they were putting the phones in to standby mode or something at the wrong time. i really did not pay attention to what he was saying...i had my new storm in my hand and was not planning on buying it anyways. ha ha ha
    11-21-08 10:27 PM
    Sucks to hear about the leather holsters potentially causing buttons to come off. I was really wanting one so I could put the phone in to standby mode.
    11-22-08 03:00 AM
    I am using plastic holster. This morning price of it was $100K in the system. Rep got my card info and was going to charge once price becomes available. I wonder its because of this recall price was not available ??? I will call him in the morning to confirm.
    11-22-08 03:11 AM
    what do yall mean by standby mode .. ? i have the leather case .. so how do i do standby ?
    11-22-08 03:14 AM
    The device sleeps when it is inserted into a holster or pouch.
    what do yall mean by standby mode .. ? i have the leather case .. so how do i do standby ?
    11-22-08 03:29 AM
    I got the leather holster (with clip). I haven't had any problems with it thus far. It turns the screen off when I put it in and comes right back on when it comes out.
    11-22-08 04:34 AM
    Regarding the plastic belt clip: VZW store had them in stock but could not sell it to me. They were told there was a problem with the magnet and they were being sent back.
    11-22-08 06:37 AM
    While I was in the store for 4 hours yesterday (as they tried to activate my phone) I was also told by my saleperson that they did not have the leather belt holster with the swivel clip (and magnetic closure). I knew it existed because I saw it online so decided to go for the silicone covering until I ordered online.

Luckily my four hours in the store provided me a lot of time to people watch and listen to other conversations. I asked one of the regional managers walking around and he advised that they were recalled. A bit later I saw a salesrep walking out of the back stock room with exactly what I was looking for. I swapped out the silicone for the holster but now I am wondering.....did they got a new shipment or they were selling holsters that should have been recalled?
    11-22-08 08:33 AM

hmm... if any one knows why this is recalled let me know... I have one of the plastic holsters in my hand right now... bought it last night from Best Buy... I am planning to return it this morning though... not because of the recall, but because I want to put the full body invisible shield on and the IS and the plastic holder don't mix well
    11-22-08 08:41 AM
    yea the plastic one. they will be aready the 1st week of dec. thats what my job CS told me when I order my strom.
    11-22-08 09:49 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD