I live on the east coast (USA) and took a vacation over to the west coast and I was expecting my storm to automatically show the correct time (like other Verizon phones) but it wasn't. So I went into the settings and noticed that down at the bottom it showed the network time as being correct but even after hitting "update time" it was still incorrect (and yes I have it set to pull the time from the network). So I had to actually change the time zone settings in order for it to show correct on my device. Not a big deal but I thought that it would be automatic.

Anyone have the same issue and anyone have any thoughts and or resolutions?
    06-10-09 01:48 PM
    I live on the east coast (USA) and took a vacation over to the west coast and I was expecting my storm to automatically show the correct time (like other Verizon phones) but it wasn't. So I went into the settings and noticed that down at the bottom it showed the network time as being correct but even after hitting "update time" it was still incorrect (and yes I have it set to pull the time from the network). So I had to actually change the time zone settings in order for it to show correct on my device. Not a big deal but I thought that it would be automatic.

Anyone have the same issue and anyone have any thoughts and or resolutions?
    Thats weird. Did you try resetting your device before making the changes?
    06-10-09 02:07 PM
    Same thing happened to me fro Chi to DC. I just did what you did to fix it. Didn't have the time to post something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 02:23 PM
    I dont' think it's supposed to. I've had to manually change my timezone on my older BlackBerries.
    06-10-09 02:25 PM
    This has been answered before (not by me) but I'll try and answer for you. Blackberries don't auto switch the time because of the calendar/appointments. If if switched the time, it will also change the time of the appointments you have in you calendar. It doesn't know if you scheduled your appointment for the time zone you live in or the time zone you are going to, so it doesn't auto switch time zones so that your calendar stays the way you inputted it.
    06-10-09 02:34 PM
    ive never had a problem with it.. mine has changed everytime. i fly from boston to chicago and i have yet to have a problem with that. time changes every time
    06-10-09 03:11 PM
    06-10-09 03:25 PM
    its a bit different on blackberry's it has to do something with the calendar and microsoft outlook as to the reason it is implemented the way it is..

I didn't fully read the reasons but I know a few people explained it pretty well on this site..
    06-10-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD