I damaged my desktop manager installation disk. I have it downloaded on my desktop,but can't download it on my laptop. I tried the bb website,called at&t,downloaded it again. It either stalls,or doesn't install at all. I have a BB Curve 8310 ,OS 4.2. I am using an Acer lap top operating on Windows Vista. I am using IE. My son is away @ college and I am new to all this!!!!
    02-13-09 03:01 PM
    I don't know squat about AT&T or the Curve. I managed to repress or choke down any memories of AT&T. I would uninstall whatever software you installed and go to both the AT&T and RIM sites to look for a fresh copy of the DM to install. Also, you need to be able to see your Storm with your Windows explorer BEFORE you mess with a DM, new or old. If you cannot see you Storm this way, you may need a new Storm driver so Windows can see your Storm properly too. Vista is really nasty. Try to log in as a real Administrator to load and install this software. I hope that AT&T would be willing to give you some help over the phone to do this. If not, you are gonna need somebody that is young and walks around in tennis shoes to help you.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-13-09 at 06:35 PM.
    02-13-09 06:30 PM
    It sounds like a permission issue on the laptop OS. Turn everything dealing with the firewall and permissions off and try to install it again.
    02-13-09 06:33 PM
    Make sure to turn your firewall back on when you are done.
    Also right click on the .exe file and use the option "Run as Administrator"
    02-13-09 07:54 PM
    And don't use DM v4.7, v4.6 seems to work better under Vista. If you have DM v4.6 running, your Storm connected an the lower left says "Device: none", click on "none" and device drivers should install (did for me anyway).

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:46 PM
    My 4.7 works under Vista Business with two exceptions: (1) must do Advanced Backups most of the time, skipping around different items that simply will not backup and (2) Media Sync under DM sucks - switched to totally separate instance of Media Sync from RIM. Use of true-blue Vista Administrator user account recommended.

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 09:54 PM
    DM 4.7 works in vista fine aslong as your acount has administrator privileges.
    02-14-09 01:38 PM
    And don't use DM v4.7, v4.6 seems to work better under Vista. If you have DM v4.6 running, your Storm connected an the lower left says "Device: none", click on "none" and device drivers should install (did for me anyway).

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have ZERO problems with DM 4.7 so don't know what your talking about
    02-14-09 02:38 PM
    I have Vista , and run DM 4.7 without any problems whatsoever.
    02-14-09 03:59 PM
    no problems here with desktop manager either.
    02-14-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD