Hi folks i need your help please!! I just upgraded my friends blackberry to the .419

I backed up everything and then did the upgrade.

Now it asked me to reload the new messenger which i did. Now how do i get his messenger contacts back. I didnt back up his contacts on the messenger, i just did the general device back up on the desk top manager.

Thx folks!
    06-02-10 02:34 PM
    oohh....I have done that a couple of times. I had to resend requests to get contacts back. I think you back up BBM contacts to SD card. I never got them through DM. Maybe someone will give a more hopeful answer.
    06-02-10 02:49 PM
    I use the older version of BBM but check in the option menu on his version and see if he ever backed up contacts to the sd card. Seems like I remember seeing that when I had the newer version...
    06-02-10 02:54 PM
    You can do an advanced restore of just the BBM contacts. Open Desktop Manager, go to Backup/Restore and select Advanced. You can then open the backup file (if you didn't manually back it up, just look in your My Documents folder for the Autobackup****.ipd file. Scroll down the list to the BBM related databases and transfer them over to the phone's memory.

That's it. Everything should be all set.

And while you're at it, get your friend to set up the wireless backup/restore for the BBM contacts. You can do this in BBM. This will prevent future problems as you can just restore the contacts wirelessly.
    06-02-10 02:56 PM
    After some playing around i figured it out. When i upgraded it automatically re istalled everything. Yet for some reason not my messenger contacts. So then i went back into my back up that i had done on desktop manager. I reinstalled the back up again and presto it all came back.

Yes in the future it would be alot easier if u back the contacts up on the sim card, as the messenger gives you that option.

Cheers folks!
    06-02-10 02:58 PM
    Thx Krypto much appreciated. Yes i didnt do the advanced one, it makes more sence what u just said bro! And yes i will tell him to do just that!! Back up is always your friend!! lol
    06-02-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD