I have the storm 9530 and I love it. The only options that would make this phone perfect would be having wifi and if I could get my Army Knowledge Online email account on here. The storm 2 has the wifi so when I can I get my Army email on a Blackberry? I know Blackberry has accounts with the US Army and many full time Army personnel are walking around with Blackberry�s, so why can�t a regular Army Reservist get his email on a Blackberry? Because of this once my contract is up with Verizon I am switching to a different type of phone so I can get this email. It is important to me to get my email on my phone. I thought that was a principal that RIM understood? I am very disappointed with this.
    03-22-10 01:01 AM
    Have you thought about having your email forwarded to a different email account and then pushed to your Berry? I'm not familiar with AKO mail, but most email services have an option to foward incoming mail. You wont be able to respond from that mail, but its a decent (albeit jerry-rigged) solution if you're just trying to read incoming mail. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 01:12 AM
    Most of the services only tolerate official email to BES blackberries. You can set up AKO to forward to another account, but you're not supposed to forward it to an account outside the .mil domain (or your official corporate domain if you're a contractor). Its not up to RIM and its not RIMs fault. You should contact the AKO help desk to see what their policy is and under what conditions they support allowing a BB as a mail client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 10:47 PM
    I am using blackberry for an year and quite much satisfied with this....
    I better suggest you all to shift to that set...
    05-26-10 07:07 AM
    I've been using Astrasync for the past couple of years and it works very well. Any issues I've had were responded to very quickly and it has been awesome being able to send/receive my AKO email while on the go.

I've been using two programs that make it very seamless. AKO Beta Mail is a program which allows you 2GB of storage space and has the same look and feel as Outlook.

beta.army.mil/default.aspx

The second program for my BB is AstraSync. They have a free trial period and also now have a military discount of 10% with the following code:

10% discount code for military users: USM1020
    astrasync.com

Hope this helps,
    Joe (Army Guy)
    09-27-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD