I'm sure everyone has seen the amazing applications the Iphone has that use the Accelerometer. I'm very jealous. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Blackberry accelerometer is as powerful and sensitive as the Iphone. I remember when the Iphone first came out it did less than the Blackberry Storm does.
    Thanks
    12-28-08 09:34 AM
    i have both phones, they are very similar in responsiveness. Id say the storm might even be better
    12-28-08 09:46 AM
    In due time, we will see games for the Storm using the accelerameter.
    12-28-08 10:00 AM
    The hardware itself will either be as responsive, or even more so...

It's all down to the software how it uses the data coming back from the hardware...
    12-28-08 12:28 PM
    the phone just came out youll abs love it this march
    12-28-08 12:29 PM
    i have the 3g and storm and i can tell you that the storms acceloromiter is way better then the iphones, and over time , it will only get better and better .
    12-28-08 12:57 PM
    i have the 3g and storm and i can tell you that the storms acceloromiter is way better then the iphones, and over time , it will only get better and better .
    Agreed. Compared my iPhone to a friends Storm and the Storm was noticeably quicker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:00 PM
    i have both phones, they are very similar in responsiveness. Id say the storm might even be better
    I agree, I just wish RIM would get rid of the accelerometer while in the home screen.
    12-28-08 03:42 PM
    the phone just came out youll abs love it this march
    Could you please speak in English. Does anyone know what this means?
    12-29-08 08:23 AM
    Switching from portrait to landscape and vice versa is a lot faster than my ipod touch. The touch and iphone hides their lag lol

12-29-08 08:29 AM
    I think the post you're referring to tried to say that the Storm is still quite new, and that you absolutely love the Storm in a few months.

12-29-08 09:25 AM
    you'll absolutely love it this march. when the app center launches.
    12-29-08 12:00 PM
    I seem to noticed the accelerometer was faster on the iPhone against Storm with .65, about the same on both with .75 and faster with .85.
    12-29-08 12:08 PM
    Jiveman #1: Sheeee, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!

Jiveman #2: Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!

Jiveman #1: I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol.

Jiveman #2: Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.

Jiveman #1: You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.

Together: Col' got to be! Yo!

Together: Sheeeee!
    12-29-08 12:16 PM
    I find the Storm to be much 'twitchier' than my iPhone, changing orientation too quickly. I wish there was a setting to control how sensitive the screen rotation is.
    12-29-08 12:31 PM
    I find the Storm to be much 'twitchier' than my iPhone, changing orientation too quickly. I wish there was a setting to control how sensitive the screen rotation is.
    I agree. I wish every little function on the phone didn't change when the sceen is rotated. Screen rotation is really only useful for communication, web browsing and for SOME apps. It ain't useful for things like when the screen is locked (!!) and for rotating the desktop. There needs to be more customization on the accelerometer.
    12-29-08 12:45 PM
    I think he meant that the phone is new and that the Blackberry App Store opens in March.

So sit tight, we'll have apps soon enough.
    12-29-08 12:48 PM
    Jiveman #1: Sheeee, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!

Jiveman #2: Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!

Jiveman #1: I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol.

Jiveman #2: Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.

Jiveman #1: You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.

Yeah, what he just said!
    12-29-08 08:12 PM

LOL AIRPLANE!
    12-29-08 08:41 PM
    It means that you have to work out your abs until march.
    12-29-08 08:52 PM
    No no no. To "abs love" something means to love it to the core. The "abs" are a core muscle. So you have to wait to March to love it to the core.

... but working out your abs wouldn't hurt either.

On a less serious note, faster does not equal better. In this case it equals twitchier, and hells to the yea they need to be able to a) lock the screen in one mode if you desire. b) designate functionality instead of be tied to BB's idea of what you should want in a given orientation.
    12-29-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD