This makes sense, considering there is another post stating that the Storm 1 will be out of stock at Best Buy by Oct. 25. So then the Storm 2 will take over after that. SWEET!!!

EDIT: Here's that thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/be...9530-a-323646/
    09-30-09 01:16 AM
    I know its a day late but here is the pic of the Oct. 25th in stock date

I had a feeling you were legit, Thanks for providing us with evidence, that places you 20,000 notches above all these other people saying this and saying that.

I dont doubt October 25th is the right day, look howo recent that is in your systems. Thats what its showing now. They would know by now if it would get pushed back any further, and you would see a different date. Or does In-Stock just mean they received them that day.
    09-30-09 02:49 AM
    finally some hard evidence
    09-30-09 08:11 AM
    Two questions/observations:

1. Doesn't Bestbuy GENERALLY get Verizon phones in store AFTER Verizon actually does? And if so does this mean that we could be seeing the S2 sooner than Oct. 25.

2. Did anyone else notice the "Out of stock" date for the S2 in the new pic is Oct. 25, 2011? Is this just a place holder in the system or is this the actual date they will discontinue the sale of the S2? If the latter is the case we could have the approximate time period for a newer version of the Storm.

... Just wondering
    09-30-09 08:17 AM
    The $599 worries me that I will have the S1.
    09-30-09 08:21 AM
    The $599 worries me that I will have the S1.
    That's just the retail price, it shows the full price in our system not the new or upgrade price, it will probaly be $200!
    09-30-09 08:40 AM
    1. The first pic posted did have the 9550 on the screenshot, but date of 9/16

2. Second pic doesn't contain S2, 9550 or anything else that says storm 2. Did I miss someting on the screen shot?
    09-30-09 09:02 AM
    1. The first pic posted did have the 9550 on the screenshot, but date of 9/16

2. Second pic doesn't contain S2, 9550 or anything else that says storm 2. Did I miss someting on the screen shot?
    Same system screen shot, just a different positioning of the camera taking the shot. The photographer wanted to show the "In stock" date of "Oct. 25" in the picture and didn't in the original.
    09-30-09 09:15 AM
    OCT 25 is a Sunday, and I am not familliar with Best Buy and their stocking practices, but I would guess they would want to get as many possible in before the launch. Also the launch will probably not be on Sunday.... so I'm still looking at a Nov release....
    09-30-09 09:38 AM
    Didn't the tour release on a Sunday?
    09-30-09 09:50 AM
    Best Buy got the tour in it was the same date as Verizon did. I think I've stated somewhere before that the recent phones that BBY hasn't gotten the same day has been the Iphone but we know how Apple/AT&T handled that and the Sprint Tour
    09-30-09 10:00 AM
    OCT 25 is a Sunday, and I am not familliar with Best Buy and their stocking practices, but I would guess they would want to get as many possible in before the launch. Also the launch will probably not be on Sunday.... so I'm still looking at a Nov release....
    Best Buy's ad reset is every Sunday so actually it's better than having to wait til later in the week because chances are it'll be in that week's ad.
    09-30-09 10:01 AM
    Thats what i thought to dream thank you i thought that most sales are in the papers from sun to sat as well thanks for confirming that.
    09-30-09 10:30 AM
    That would fit with the Oct 19 date
    09-30-09 11:08 AM
    Best Buy's ad reset is every Sunday so actually it's better than having to wait til later in the week because chances are it'll be in that week's ad.
    I appreciate the clarity with out rude comments, don't get me wrong.... I'm really looking forward for this release, so the sooner the better!
    09-30-09 02:13 PM
    Folks,

I had to delete 17 posts!! :X Please remember......

...... from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    09-30-09 03:05 PM
    Wait, so why does the blog entry give credit to BGR? for a mock up and not even the real device! Storm 2 Headed To Best Buy October 25th? | CrackBerry.com

EDIT:
    Looks like they found this thread
    Last edited by LoSt180; 09-30-09 at 03:49 PM.
    09-30-09 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the pic and sharing the info great work.
    09-30-09 04:15 PM
    Just confirmed from my friend who is a DM for Verizon Wireless there is a new Storm 8550 coming out that day
    09-30-09 04:31 PM
    Just confirmed from my friend who is a DM for Verizon Wireless there is a new Storm 8550 coming out that day
    ...Didn't know they were downgrading the device model...
    09-30-09 04:40 PM
    sorry typo 9550
    09-30-09 04:48 PM
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    09-30-09 04:49 PM
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    I figured... long day at work, I just needed to bust a pair
    09-30-09 04:50 PM
    Well according to the pic on main page it does say its in stock 10.25.09 but if you look to the left....the STREET DATE is empty, so maybe comes out after that like mid to end of November I think
    09-30-09 05:03 PM
    I googled the UPC number and upcdatabase.com came up as the only result. It says it's not in the database however it said check to see items with the same prefix. 54 items came back with the same prefix and they're all Blackberry products, so I think the LG Glance is definitely a decoy.
    09-30-09 05:59 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD