Is it just me, or does the preview and features talked about for the new OS make it seem like RIM is making one kick *** touch screen device in the near future? I feel like this could be the touchscreen BB that finally silences the critics of the Storm models. I would love to see a really kickass Storm 3 to squish the Incredible, Droid, and even iPhone. This has sparked some hope for me, anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 10:19 PM
    I was kinda thinking (more like hoping) for the same thing. But I'm not going to get my hopes up, RIM is notorious for failing to live up to consumer expectations/hype, IMO.
    04-29-10 10:21 PM
    You can never silence all critics. I suggest you buy the phone you like and to **** with critics. It's YOUR money, after all.
    04-29-10 10:24 PM
    You can never silence all critics. I suggest you buy the phone you like and to **** with critics. It's YOUR money, after all.
    THANK YOU! Truer words were never spoken before.
    04-29-10 10:28 PM
    you never they could pull their heads out their asses at anytime ... but probably not..its nice thought to think though
    04-29-10 10:37 PM
    Blackberry are awesome phones.
    but
    Its a dying OS.

Android is on fire.
    04-29-10 10:42 PM
    I wish it wasnt true,
    But it is.

Look at all the new spec on the htc incredible, Sprint EVO.
    the rumors Iphone 4G
    04-29-10 10:43 PM
    Yes they are hinting at something..... one ugly clamshell
    04-29-10 10:45 PM
    i hate the droid my friend has one and to me it blows! cant see it outside in the sun! and many other problems. blackberry is for me and the only phone for me
    04-29-10 10:48 PM
    Blackberry are awesome phones.
    but
    Its a dying OS.

Android is on fire.
    here--I'll give you a pan of water to put out the fire.
    04-29-10 10:52 PM
    im still waiting
    04-29-10 10:56 PM
    Yes they are hinting at something..... one ugly clamshell
    lol i agree!
    04-29-10 11:51 PM
    Android is on fire.
    Honestly, I've had an android device and it just doesn't really convince me. I'm open to all markets and makers, as long as it's a smart phone, and BB is the only one that really makes me feel happy with the phone. Android is neat, but it's just an OS. Same with the iphone. They're like PC's without the internet, while the BB is 100% always online trying to do everything for you That's what I like. BB!
    04-30-10 01:20 AM
    If the evolutionary leap from Storm2 to storm3 is as big as it was from Storm1 to Storm2, then it's gonna be pretty dam cool.
    04-30-10 01:40 AM
    I agree with the OP, something in the video shows a greater emphasis on the touch screen going forward. I think its smart for them to do so since the general consumer base is looking for devices that are comparable to android full touch screens and the iphone. Business can stay business, but for those who want to marry the 2 segments together, the Storm line makes so much sense... A Storm 3 with OS 6 would be a killer!
    04-30-10 01:45 AM
    I think what's more important are the apps developed for BB during the next year.
    Imo the new Developer Resource Centre is a step in the right direction.
    04-30-10 01:46 AM
    I wish it wasnt true,
    But it is.

Look at all the new spec on the htc incredible, Sprint EVO.
    the rumors Iphone 4G
    Seems like there are SO many BlackBerry owners that bought for the wrong reason. And that reason was only because of hype, not because of the features that work the best. I honestly wish you'd all just go get your stupid Android toys already and be gone. You obviously don't need the most important functions of the BlackBerry, and only care about the "bling" factor. Seriously- please just go.

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't help to feel this way, but BlackBerry seems to be for people with responsibilities. Important people in the REAL world. (i.e. not kids, or people with dead-end 9-5s) And there's nothing wrong with you if you're in that category, but you and the BlackBerry are just not made for each other .
    04-30-10 01:46 AM
    +1
    Seems odd that someone with so much love for the Android, iphone etc, would hang around on the BB forums.
    Are the other forums really that boring? Or, maybe it's just not a nice atmosphere when you get more that one Android owner in the room.

Seems like there are SO many BlackBerry owners that bought for the wrong reason. And that reason was only because of hype, not because of the features that work the best. I honestly wish you'd all just go get your stupid Android toys already and be gone. You obviously don't need the most important functions of the BlackBerry, and only care about the "bling" factor. Seriously- please just go.

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't help to feel this way, but BlackBerry seems to be for people with responsibilities. Important people in the REAL world. (i.e. not kids, or people with dead-end 9-5s) And there's nothing wrong with you if you're in that category, but you and the BlackBerry are just not made for each other .
    04-30-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD