I have the Storm 1 and Storm 2. When I connect the Storm 2 to the computer I see designations for both Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2. However, when I connect the Storm 1 to the computer, I see only Blackberry 2. Therefore, I have no way to copy a music file to the internal memory of the Blackberry.

Any suggestions? i checked the memory settings. They are the same on both phones.

Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight
    04-28-10 09:48 PM
    is the music on the "internal memory" or on the sd card ? if so you could just put the sd in the other phone(if switching devices.... how bout try copy the music to your desktop then plugging the other phone in and moving the music from your desktop the new bb.... im not 100% sure of your question the way it's worded...
    04-28-10 10:04 PM
    I may be wrong, but i think the "Blackberry 1" refers to the internal memory and "Blackberry 2" refers to the SD card. Do you have a SD card in the Storm 1? If not, then that might be why you only have one choice.

But then again, I could be completely wrong haha
    04-28-10 10:26 PM
    I am also somewhat confused with your question
    04-28-10 10:29 PM
    Permit me to clarify. Blackberry 1 refers to internal memory. Blackberry 2 refers to the SD media card. For some reason, the computer (actually, 3 different computers) does not recognize the existence of the internal memory on the Storm 1. I have just spoken to the technical division at Verizon. They have promised to call me back within 30 minutes. I have told them that they will have to refer this matter to Blackberry rather than think of possible reasons.
    04-29-10 10:09 AM
    You probably have to do the "memory fix."

Let me see if I can find the link.

http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe

Try that. Download it make sure your phone is connected and run it.
    Last edited by z06mike; 04-29-10 at 11:42 AM.
    04-29-10 11:31 AM
    Thank you, everyone. I was successful getting the computers to recognize the internal memory, Blackberry 1. I do not know exactly how I did it but the last thing I did was to fool around with the Bluetooth settings in Manage Connections. All of a sudden the drive appeared on the computer. What Bluetooth has to do with this I'm not sure.

Tech help at Verizon suggested that because I had previously connected my Storm 2 to the computer, it prevented the internal memory of Storm 1 from being recognized. I found this impossible to believe. Therefore, I connected Storm 1 to a brand new computer, one that had never been connected to a Blackberry. Guess what? the brand new computer did not recognize the internal memory. I told them that they would have to refer this to Blackberry. Tech said he would call me back within 30 minutes. That was yesterday. So far, no phone calls.
    04-30-10 11:27 AM
    Update: Called Verizon. It seems that the techie closed the case!!!! Is that what they do when they realize they do not know the answer and must forward the matter to BB? Techie I spoke to agreed to forward to BB. BB suggested the memory fix. I did and then the computer stopped recognizing the internal memory. Then I had an idea. Disable the Storm in the Device Manager and then connect it again. That worked. It was difficult for the BB techie to determine why I was having problems. I can accept this, though. However, I cannot accept Verizon's closing the case instead of calling me back. I expect better from them. I requested that a report be given to a supervisor about this.
    05-02-10 09:26 PM
    Update: called Blackberry. Spoke to a more knowledgeable technician. She said that this happens frequently and that the steps that I took were the appropriate ones. She explained that if the drivers becomes corrupted it will prevent Blackberry 1 from being recognized. It will not affect Blackberry 2.
    05-05-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD