I left my phone plugged into my laptop last night and then I shut the computer, putting it to sleep.

Woke up today to find the storm wasn't working, wasn't turning on. I thought, okay, battery is dead. I did a battery pull and plugged it back into the computer to give it some juice (the computer is now on).

Now all that happens is that the red LED just stays on the entire time. I've had it on for about two hours now, and it hasn't turned on, battery pulls aren't doing anything, and the screen stays black. Last time this happened I got the bolt charging icon and screen.

Did my storm somehow mysteriously die? Yes, I am running a leaked OS, but this just seems an odd way for it to die. Doesn't get recognized by my computer, nothing. I will take it to verizon for an exchange today unless someone knows some way to fix this.
    05-14-09 03:46 PM
    actually, speak of the devil... nevermind. Literally the exact moment I clicked on "post" the phone was recognized by my computer and the phone has now gone to the bolt charging icon. Weird, the crackberry gods have spoken.
    05-14-09 03:47 PM
    actually, speak of the devil... nevermind. Literally the exact moment I clicked on "post" the phone was recognized by my computer and the phone has now gone to the bolt charging icon. Weird, the crackberry gods have spoken.
    If you have a wall charger you might want to use it, as it will charge faster.
    05-14-09 03:58 PM
    LOL Crackberry fixes all. Glad it works and wasnt bricked.
    05-14-09 04:06 PM
    lol, I had this happen to me the other day. Apparently leaving the phone plugged into a sleeping device is a bad idea (mine was plugged into an Xbox360). Was gonna say just give it a little, when it gets enough juice the charging screen would come on... but you already know that.
    05-14-09 04:46 PM
    yeah, it just was taking sooooooo long, much longer than I anticipated. I recently lost my wall charger when I was packing for traveling, I was going around looking all over for it in case that would cure my issue, but I couldn't find it. But anyway, yeah!
    Last edited by keaton; 05-14-09 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
    05-14-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD