Just want to make sure i am correct in what i am doing.

I believe this is nuked but not a hundred percent sure. i was switching themes earlier today and when i did a battery pull afterwards to refresh my phone it never turned back on. It looked as if my phone was turning back on originally and then it just said reset. It did not display a 507 error or whatever, it just turned off. So i took out the battery and when i put it back in all that happens is the red flashing light. I taken out and put the battery back in about 20 times but still just the light.

I believe i should use jl_cmdr but am not 100% sure?

help would be very much appreciated considering this is my only phone.

thanks
    05-13-09 04:22 PM
    You may have a dead battery. Put it on the charger for a while. The screen will light once the battery gets some charge.
    05-13-09 04:35 PM
    Sounds like something happened, and it got nuked or dead. But like you suggested use JL and wipe the device. Hopefully you have done a back up recently. Then after that, I would suggest loading .75 on it first, then update to whatever OS you want. App Loader is my suggestion on what to use to load the OS.

Hope it works out.
    05-13-09 04:36 PM
    Yes, wipe it with jl and reload the OS. It's not bricked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 04:36 PM
    Ive tried to use JL about 20 times now and it says connecting... then just goes back to the start page
    05-13-09 04:57 PM
    Ive tried to use JL about 20 times now and it says connecting... then just goes back to the start page
    If worse comes to worse, ask for a replacement through your insurance.
    05-13-09 05:06 PM
    Also try holding down Menu key while booting to force safe mode in case the theme is to blame.

05-13-09 05:23 PM
    wow im sorry you have that, i havent heard of that before, just try to set back to default settings in the bb desktop.
    05-13-09 05:54 PM
    I think I read in another thread that when this happens, you can get JL to see it by:

1. Remove the battery
    2. Connect the phone to the computer, yes without the battery
    3. When JL is searching for the PIN, reinsert the battery.

Also, if my memory is correct, it said it may take several tries as there's a timing factor involved.

Hope I remembered that correctly and that it helps, if none of the opther suggestions have. I haven't run into this myself.
    05-13-09 06:19 PM
    I think I read in another thread that when this happens, you can get JL to see it by:

1. Remove the battery
    2. Connect the phone to the computer, yes without the battery
    3. When JL is searching for the PIN, reinsert the battery.

Also, if my memory is correct, it said it may take several tries as there's a timing factor involved.

Hope I remembered that correctly and that it helps, if none of the opther suggestions have. I haven't run into this myself.
    That's not for JL....that's for apploader

05-13-09 07:21 PM

OK...like I said, I never had the phone go completely AWOL on me, so hadn't worried about it. But I do remember it saying something about doing this when the phone was just flashing a red light.
    05-13-09 07:23 PM
    iam kinda new what is jl
    05-13-09 07:24 PM
    jl_commander is a program that erases the data completely on the phone.
    05-13-09 08:11 PM

i too had my phone reset on me today and now i only get the flash of a red status light, and a blank screen. what is this apploader battery trick you speak of?
    05-19-09 12:57 AM
    Use apploader like the other guy said, it's easiest. When you remove the battery before plugging in the phone, the PIN will say "unknown". After passing that screen, reinsert the battery. Make sure the apploader is set to erase all previous data.

I helped a customer with this the other week. Works like a charm.
    05-19-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD