I hope this doesn't sound completely dumb,

but I've heard a couple rumors about the keyboard on the storm being able just to be touch senstive only without having to click down. Since opera mini is compatible with just a simple touch, would the keyboard also be able to do that if a certain application is downloaded?

Can someone please make sense of this rumor for me. My apologies if I sound ******** for posting this.
    06-27-09 11:18 PM
    It's seems to me like a change to the OS would allow this (assuming one of the newer, unreleased OSes does not already), especially since, as you've said, some apps are capable of it.

Personally, I would like to see it implemented and available as an option for users to choose between.
    06-27-09 11:21 PM
    While the whole point of the "click" in the screen was to separate navigation from selection I feel that there needs to be an on/off option for it as well. It works great when navigating websites and trying to select a link that is in a list of links, however it is the one thing that restricts how fast one can type on the phone. Though it does make typing more accurate because you have to slow down to type. I guess only time will tell if that is going to change.
    06-27-09 11:33 PM
    I think having the option to type by just touching would be a great addition to the OS. I could be wrong but i would suppose that this would mean completley rewriting the OS to incorporate this function nice everything is based on the "click."

I hope someone down at RIM already has thought of this. If we get enough people asking for this addition I think they would have no choice but to listen to our feedback.
    06-27-09 11:37 PM
    I think having the option to type by just touching would be a great addition to the OS. I could be wrong but i would suppose that this would mean completley rewriting the OS to incorporate this function nice everything is based on the "click."

I hope someone down at RIM already has thought of this. If we get enough people asking for this addition I think they would have no choice but to listen to our feedback.
    No it is all contained in the API for the keyboard. That is one of the API's that RIM hasn't come off of yet.
    06-27-09 11:55 PM
    well thanks everyone for nothing thinking i'm completely idiotic for posting this, but It would be nice to have an option to whether being able to click the screen or not. But I do agree with gdoggmil04 I think they would have to change the OS. but maybe in time if more people do ask for this we can possibly have it as an addition to the storm.
    06-27-09 11:58 PM
    yeah i think it would be a great idea... i love the 'clickability' of the screen for some things eg/browsing & selecting... but it drives me potty sometimes on QWERTY landscape/SureType portrait mode...

has any one got Hangman for BB? thats got a blatant iPhone-esqe keyboard and is touch-only... i can type faster on that than on SureType lol!!
    06-28-09 05:25 AM

has any one got Hangman for BB? thats got a blatant iPhone-esqe keyboard and is touch-only... i can type faster on that than on SureType lol!!

i would like to know as well.
    06-29-09 03:29 AM
    You could look @ it this way. Everyone used to say you couldn't lock the orientation until the app came out to be able to do it. So it's only a matter od time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 06:01 AM
    Well RIM has said publically that they have no intention of getting rid of the SurePress (screen click). I think they plan on revising the design so the click is more positional than one big button in the middle of the screen.

Some review site - Engadget I think - got ahold of a "Storm 2" and it had no click. Who knows if that was a real model or just a design prototype they were fooling around with.
    06-29-09 09:29 AM
    I hope this doesn't sound completely dumb,

but I've heard a couple rumors about the keyboard on the storm being able just to be touch senstive only without having to click down. Since opera mini is compatible with just a simple touch, would the keyboard also be able to do that if a certain application is downloaded?

Can someone please make sense of this rumor for me. My apologies if I sound ******** for posting this.
    try the new facebook 1.6 app and use the photo feature. It is touch sensitive without having to having to click down
    06-29-09 09:37 AM
    try the new facebook 1.6 app and use the photo feature. It is touch sensitive without having to having to click down
    Not on my device. This definitely requires a "click" in order to register the selection.... as is the case with virtually everything else.
    06-29-09 01:31 PM
    all selections on opera mini are double touch , only click options are threw bb menu button for commitment to any actions incurred . So it is possible just not any programmers rolling that direction as of yet. Would be nice to cut down on the wear and tear on the click button . There isn't any reason it couldn't be like double tapping a touch pad on a laptop!
    06-29-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD